Guitar Hero?

I was talking to Aldrine a few days ago and he mentioned this theory he has about ukulele/guitar players with exceptional skills playing like garbage when it comes to Guitar Hero. I know there's really no connection between the two but it's kinda interesting and i thought i'd find out how many of you UKULELE/GUITAR PLAYERS out there play Guitar Hero, at what level you consider yourself to be on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being an ACTUAL Guitar Hero) and if you're better at the actual instrument or game.

At my best, i beat Guitar Hero 3 on MEDIUM :p I'd say i'm a 6 on the scale and better at ukulele

Last edited:
I'm a guitar zero hahaha and so are a bunch of my musically inclined friends.

Here's a quote from my friend:

"You can't compare an actual guitar with real strings to a plastic one with playskool buttons"

My rating? 2 LOL

i am proud that i dont play guitar hero as much as most of my friends play, i give myself a proud 4. under half way is good enough for me jajaja

I lost my copy of guitar hero 1. I wanna try Rock Band. Supposed to be better. Also, I'm moving this thread to General Discussion. :p

rayan: Rock Band is soooo freaking sick. the best instrument IMO is the drums jaja

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 16415.attach
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2old and new.jpg
    2old and new.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1111 uke.jpg
    1111 uke.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10
  • uke pink.jpg
    uke pink.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
  • pink uke.jpg
    pink uke.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
i gotta say 8 guitar hero. BUT guitar hero nothing like a real stringed instrument. however the game is good to practice with since i think it helps move ur fingers faster.

i consider myself a 4....i can do just fine on medium...however, Rock Band is what i want to get. I heard its absolutely sick!!

Attachments

• 391955_10150367033115423_503390422_8540577_1532776410_n.jpg
    391955_10150367033115423_503390422_8540577_1532776410_n.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
I have Guitar hero's 1, 2, and 3 and Rock Band. I'm amazing at all of them :D;;

I'd give myself at least a 9 out of 10 on a scale. I can finish just about any song.

Great thread. I'd consider myself a compentent guitarist (7/8 ish), but the extent of my Guitar Hero skill is Medium. When I got Guitar Hero 2, I was like "I'm a decent player...Expert!". Yeah, right. lol...that was a disaster and my wife was there to witness it. She had a good laugh. :) I have two issues with Guitar Hero:

1. The fingerings aren't really representative (duh, I know). But if you know how to actually play some of the tunes, muscle memory kicks in and your doomed.

2. I just can't play that straight. You have to play robotically to get the notes to register. The second you get into the groove and start to feel your way through the song, you're hitting wrong "notes".

Perfect example, anything by the Rolling Stones. Keith didn't play the parts straight, not even close. Yet I have to play them in perfect time in the game...while the game plays back the guitar part with all the swing and swagger you would expect. When your hands and the sound don't match, that'll screw you up. :)

Just my random thoughts.

-John

I'm the opposite. I'm pretty decent at Guitar Hero, and I can't play a lick on uke or guitar. I guess it's because I played the old Guitar Freaks games back in the day by Konami.

I wanna play Rock Band!

haha yeah its pretty fun
i just started playin guitar hero III
i think im a 7/8

Attachments

• angle 1..jpg
    angle 1..jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 33
  • finished 3..jpg
    finished 3..jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 25
  • finished 2..jpg
    finished 2..jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20
  • finished 5..jpg
    finished 5..jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 25
  • finished 4..jpg
    finished 4..jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
  • finished 1..jpg
    finished 1..jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 38
I was talking to a friend about it too. I have only played it once and didn't do that well. He is a good bass player and sucked too. Meanwhile, all the "non-musicians" ripped it up (well they didn't suck as bad).

It probably had to do with practice, but we think another reason they were better is because playing GH is more about following the visual cues than the audible cues which musicians naturally follow. .... could be totally wrong though...

I'm the opposite. I'm pretty decent at Guitar Hero, and I can't play a lick on uke or guitar. I guess it's because I played the old Guitar Freaks games back in the day by Konami.

I wanna play Rock Band!

ya i got those guitar freaks games. and the guitar. even the drums for drum mania haha. those started it all and the songs were pretty good too. then came rock band, which is awesome too. i'd say im like a 5 in both real life and guitar hero/rock band/guitar freaks lol

Top Bottom