PDA

View Full Version : An ebay question

Sambient
01-02-2010, 03:30 AM
If I wind up leaving negative feedback, is it likely I'm going to be slapped with the same in retaliation?
Will it affect how I'm perceived as a buyer and impact future transactions in the marketplace?

I've noticed there seems to be a trend for many to leave positive feedback, even when they express some dissappointment. I'm wondering if this is based on fear of backlash.

I know there's the option of neutral feedback. Something that strikes me as near pointless.

SweetWaterBlue
01-02-2010, 03:55 AM
I don't think I would worry too much about how you are percieved as a buyer especially if youi have many positives to counterbalance it - its how you are percieved as a seller that is most important. On the selling side, I have always worked very hard to keep my all positive rating (+125 now) because I think that affects the ultimate price you can get for something. I have been very fortunate that I have never needed to leave a negative feedback on a purchase. That said, I have heard of people retaliating to negative feedback. Fortunately, people can only leave feedback on actual transactions they made, so the retaliation is pretty limited.

leftovermagic84
01-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, so the worst they could do is curse you out through positive feedback, or leave no feedback at all.

Ahnko Honu
01-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Amen, relatively new eBay policy that sellers can't leave negative feedback on buyers so gripe away without fear. I used to leave negative feedback regardless of retaliatory feedback from sellers, if they suck I let them know. When eBay changed their policy my negative feedbacks from sellers disappeared.

SweetWaterBlue
01-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I wasn't aware that sellers could no longer slam buyers. I agree its a great change. If someone has like 1000 positives and 5 negatives, I figure the buyers were just bad apples, but too many negatives on a seller definitely chased me away. One of the advantages to me of eBay has always been the feedback feature, so I agree with the others - if the seller didn't do your right say so. It helps all of us who pay attention to a sellers rating when we buy (or don't buy) from them.

wickedwahine11
01-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, so the worst they could do is curse you out through positive feedback, or leave no feedback at all.

That is true, so you can now leave negative feedback as a buyer without fear of retaliation. The downside is that as a seller, on a few occasions, I had buyers that paid me weeks late or not at all. And there is no real recourse for sellers in that position. On the whole, though, I think it is a good policy, as it is the sellers who have the ability to defraud buyers and so a seller's positive feedback is more important, IMHO.

HoldinCoffee
01-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Whatever the reason for the negative feedback try to contact the seller and let him/her know your concerns. Give him/her a chance to make it right. If the seller doesn't make it right or even attempt it, then leave the negative feedback.

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM

this would, by far, be the best thing to do...

Sambient
01-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Whatever the reason for the negative feedback try to contact the seller and let him/her know your concerns. Give him/her a chance to make it right. If the seller doesn't make it right or even attempt it, then leave the negative feedback.

It's now a week since I left a message regarding my dissappointment.

Not the way to do business.

fa'a Junior
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
What did you buy?

Sambient
01-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Aw, you know, just a uke.

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
wats wrong with it