Shynessss

d'uke

Reaction score
ok soo im a hermit and only play by myself but i finally decided to open myself up to some advice and construstive criticism and post my first video on the fourms!!! When i was watching the video idk if it was just my computer but i was lagging sometimes and if that happens just pause for a bit and continue watching..... MAHALO!!! :music:

http://www.dropshots.com/d_uke#date/2010-01-02/14:43:46

That was well played. I enjoyed it. A little more practice and you'll have it down perfectly. But what you have so far was great. How long have you been playing?

Really good

thanks for all the nice kind words!!! but then again what do you expect from the UU community :D

@Chamorro: i believe i've been playing for 10months

Very nice man. Keep playing and the confidence will come and the shyness will go. I was really shy and self conscious when I first started. I am still not very good, but I now have the confidence to get out there and play. So keep up the great work.-you are well on your way.

Glad you got past your shyness. That was really good! Keep it up and I hope to see more from you.

ok soo im a hermit and only play by myself but i finally decided to open myself up to some advice and construstive criticism and post my first video on the fourms!!! When i was watching the video idk if it was just my computer but i was lagging sometimes and if that happens just pause for a bit and continue watching..... MAHALO!!! :music:

http://www.dropshots.com/d_uke#date/2010-01-02/14:43:46

No lag here! Wow, that was lovely!! No need to be shy! :)

CountryMouse

Really nice!

As for shyness, most people won't believe this but I am a very shy person. There came a point where I had to decide whether to sit on the sidelines and watch the fun or fight my shyness and join in. Even though I've played many open mics, I am still very shy and get super nervous playing in front of people. It does get somewhat easier with time though.

I can relate :) I'm a total hermit myself and it took me awhile to especially get over my fear of singing in front of people. It's still easier for me to sing to my webcam than live infront of other people. When I do I can't look at their faces because it makes me think too much. So I just look at my hands and play with my heart, pretending I'm alone.

What really helped me get over it was noticing that some of the biggest artists in the world have terrible stagefright someotimes. But most say the bigger the fear, the better the performance once they notice they get the crowd going. They just go with the flow and then it's all good.

Good job man :)

@ Deach: Wow it means a lot to hear praise and get advice from the legendary deach!

@ukelidokeli: awesome name haha, and thanks for you advice i might have to try staring hands when i play for people :)

Top Bottom