Aldrines imagine cover!

raecarter

Reaction score
That has just rocked my world! The best thing I've ever heard full stop. Is this tabbed anywhere because everyone has a song they want to learn but never fully will. Well this is my choice. Please Aldrine tab it.

Such a beautiful version! And such a good view on the fretboard. I managed to play it just by watching. Thanx Aldrine :)

Thanks for posting!! One of my all-time favorites! I hope he does a lesson on this one day.

Aldrine has done some pretty great things on video, but I don't think this is one of them. The intro and verse chording just doesn't sound right. Some important chords are left out. But, maybe because he is presenting a simplified version for the UU community.

if you read what he says in the side bar he does that on purpose because he likes the simplified version better bluke. He also says that he is doing a rendition of it not an exact copy. If anyone wants to tab this out that would be awesome and much appreciated.

if you read what he says in the side bar he does that on purpose because he likes the simplified version better bluke. He also says that he is doing a rendition of it not an exact copy. If anyone wants to tab this out that would be awesome and much appreciated.

Def. I'm trying to figure out but a few parts are pretty tough.

Aldrine has done some pretty great things on video, but I don't think this is one of them. The intro and verse chording just doesn't sound right. Some important chords are left out. But, maybe because he is presenting a simplified version for the UU community.

This cover IMHO is some of his best work.

Not only did he capture the original, he made it his own. I think that is very difficult to do and he realy nailed it.

thejumpingflea said:
This cover IMHO is some of his best work.

Yes, it is not just Imagine played on an ukulele, but a carefully arranged ukulele piece based on Imagine. The open ringing g string that makes the F-chord an Fadd9, the slide 5-7 used for the very distinctive transition between F and C, and of course the slide up to 12 on the e-string, this all gives his version an own character.

I played it in the pub on Tuesday. The people took a while to recoginze it, but I got very positive feedback. :)

It's a very nice version. I'll be learning it too.

Yes, it is not just Imagine played on an ukulele, but a carefully arranged ukulele piece based on Imagine. The open ringing g string that makes the F-chord an Fadd9, the slide 5-7 used for the very distinctive transition between F and C, and of course the slide up to 12 on the e-string, this all gives his version an own character.

I played it in the pub on Tuesday. The people took a while to recoginze it, but I got very positive feedback. :)

I'm glad you caught all of that. I was really trying to simplify the song but yet create small movements to keep the flow. Kudos sir and glad to hear it got a good response. You must've nailed it :D

I'm fully aware of the missing chords (the Cmaj7 that leads to the F and the Cadd9 that leads back to the C just to name a couple) but the purpose of my cover was to make it simple. I wanted to show that it didn't need all those fancy leading tones to be able to let the song sing. Instead, I created different movements that didn't require any added chords but let the melody be the leading tones.

I guess we all hear different things though. One mans medicine is another mans poison. So to each his own haha :D

That has just rocked my world! The best thing I've ever heard full stop. Is this tabbed anywhere because everyone has a song they want to learn but never fully will. Well this is my choice. Please Aldrine tab it.

As far as tabbing goes... it's nearly impossible to get anything from me haha. I just recently learned how to read and write tabs but I still can't put them into a text file (or any kind of file)
I apologize for my shortcomings ;_;

Thank you for your replies aldrine. It's a shame you can't tab as I wanted that to be my party peice!

yeaah that song is beast!
haha
john lennon's probably all proud but anyways
i figured it out he played (there's some im not sure of, like the chords he does in the chorus) but yeah the problem is i dont know how to make a tab for everyone lol.

ive never done tabs so if someone could help me out, i'll tab out that song for everyone:D
if its cool with aldrine i mean haha

Top Bottom