New forum format....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Is it just me? I want to like the new look of the forums. I'm trying to get used to it. But it's a lot like a motel room, in a way. It's okay....but it's just not home.

I really miss the old format I knew and grew to love. Any chance these changes aren't permanent? :(

I love it. They are probably going to change the colour when they are able to as mentioned in other threads about this.

I love it, me old eyes actually don't strain to read. Doug

I'm with Mailman. I'm trying very hard to like it and I do GREATLY appreciate the work that went into the update, etc., but it does feel like a new apartment that just isn't comfortable yet.

My only problems..

I hit the reply to thread button after already writing my post in the quick reply box .. and have to start over.

and

It's tough to tell which threads i have already read in the new thread listings...

sides that, It's all good.

JT

My only problems..

I hit the reply to thread button after already writing my post in the quick reply box .. and have to start over.

and

It's tough to tell which threads i have already read in the new thread listings...

JT
I have same problems, but rayan did say this is temporary. so I'm gonna be patient and work on getting used to it (I'm 90% there).

My only problems..

and

JT

Happened to me three times in a row on the first day. I wept after the third time. XD

I like it quite a bit. It's oh-so-hip and oh-so-2010... or something.

I'm also digging the "What's New" button.

But I don't think I can make any earnest criticism from a usability standpoint until I've spent more time with it.

Click the "Go advanced" button instead of the "Quick Reply".

I do prefer the old format, but still enjoy visiting, learning and contributing here. The people and content are still the best! Ric

I do like the "What's New" button though..did it used to have a function like that? If so, I never knew about it.

Yea it did, it was the "view recent posts" tab. The "What's New" button is much more visible though. Me likey.

Top Bottom