best tenor uke for 150usd/100uk pounds?

raecarter

Reaction score
What's your thoughts everyone

Hi, i started playing in October 09 and as my starter Uku I bought a "Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele" on Amazon.Com. I paid $60 when it was on-sale. I obviously can not tell you about the Tenor but i have to think it can't be much different than the Soprano and the Saprano in my opinion was a great buy. It had a good sound. It didn't sound like a Ukulele you would win at a Circus. You will read that that strings take a while to stretch which was true in my case but once they did stretch they now they stay in tune all night for me. The Tenor goes for about $95. take the extra few bucks you save and buy yourself a good tuner and/or a case. Please let me knowwhat you think.

Take a look.
http://www.amazon.com/Lanikai-LU-21...&s=musical-instruments&qid=1262633851&sr=8-10

Thanks rob i was looking at the lu21 te. I already have a kala all solid mahogany concert I just fancied a tenor to let me do some meaty picking peices

I'm glad to help. Everyone has helped me so much on UU that i was happy to give advise/opinion for a change instead of taking. Don't get me wrong. I love my Lu21 but it is a laminated product. If you are already lucky enough to be playing a solid mahogany Concert, a move to a laminated may be a little disapointing with regards to sound quality. Like I said, I like the sound on my a lot but I have recntly had the opertunity to test ride a solid uku and you can hear the difference, even with my ears! If you remember, let me know what you end up doing?

Top Bottom