Glue froze

We're in the middle of a freeze up at the mo..I just put the glue in front of a space heater to warm it up before using it and it worked ok for me..I understand you don't use it at low temp's.

Yeah I agree with Paul! I still wonder what posessed me to leave the islands and move to this giant freezer!

Using thawed out Titebond or LMI white glue is asking for glue joint failure. You like warranty work? I don't...and it's not worth taking the chance.

I don't have the bottle in fornt of me but I'm pretty sure it says on the bottle not to let it freeze. Doug

well, it absolutely is clear on the bottle in bold print after the temperature guidelines... KEEP FROM FREEZING in bold all caps. I was just wondering why. I assume the glue weakens or something about the make-up of the glue is compromised and therefore lessening the overall end result, but I was curious as to what exactly that might be.

I'm not a chemist, but I'm guessing that the crystals that ice forms destroys the polymers that serve as the bond.

Top Bottom