Greg Bennett Uke

Ukulele Blue

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of the Samick Greg Bennett UK50 concert uke? Its a budget uke - post christmas purchase but I'm wondering if anyone has any info?

Thanks

UkeBlue

I have the UK 70 and I have no complaints. The build quality on mine is flawless. Finish is good, though if the option existed I would have a matte finish rather than the Gloss mine has. Intonation seems good, but I'm not learned enough to make a sound (no pun) judgement on that. I would imagine this is a keeper for me, though about to get an alternative concert size one as practicing on both sizes seems for me beneficial.

Good luck with your pondering, Tony

Does this help you?

I've played it and it's not bad ... neck's a little chunkier than the UK70 and other brands but is made well enough. Change the strings and you're all set! :)

Are you still playing the samick? I just bought one a week ago, I am just learning how to play but I have to say in the shop it sounded much better than all the other ukes they had in my price range! I like mine so far!

concerns about how close the G and A strings are to the edge of the fingerboard...?!

Hey peeps,

I watched a youtube review of the Samick Greg Bennett UK70 Concert uke, which said that the G and A strings were abnormally close to the edge of the finger board. Is this the case with the UK50?

I like the look of the UK50 because it's mahogany, and cheap!!! (Beginner, student, uke-player here)....

Is it ok for a beginner?

Many thanks. x :)

Hey peeps,

I watched a youtube review of the Samick Greg Bennett UK70 Concert uke, which said that the G and A strings were abnormally close to the edge of the finger board. Is this the case with the UK50?

I like the look of the UK50 because it's mahogany, and cheap!!! (Beginner, student, uke-player here)....

Is it ok for a beginner?

Many thanks. x :)

I have a Uk-50 concert, I don't play it much anymore, since I have upgraded. Guests still play it. It is definitely playable for a beginner. I would recommend upgrading the strings to aquila, or something equivalent.

I've got the UK-60, brilliant uke. It was my first 'proper' uke, as in something that wasn't by Mahalo in a shed in China.

Definitely put Aquila strings on it.

I've owned a Samick Greg Bennett semi-acoustic guitar for a few years. I didn't know they did ukes. I'll have to check 'em out!

Are you still playing the samick? I just bought one a week ago, I am just learning how to play but I have to say in the shop it sounded much better than all the other ukes they had in my price range! I like mine so far!

I completely agree, it was a similar experience for me.

At first I was skeptical because it seemed a bit 'heavily built', but when played, it sings.
And it is very solidly put together.

I also like other instruments they make, including electric guitars, basses and pianos.

Top Bottom