Mainland vs HAMANO H-100C CONCERT UKULELE ?

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
I am doing my research before I purchase my upgrade Uku. I have been pretty set on a Mainland but since I am not in a position to pull the trigger I keep looking at whats out there. At this point, I am set on the Mainland but saw one of these today and thought it had such a classic look. then I thought who better to ask then the people who have taught me almost everything I know about Ukulele's. That would be you all on UU. So I ask the question, what can people tell me about the HAMANO H-100C CONCERT UKULELE, and does it compare to the Mainland?

Thank goodness for Ukulele Underground!

Hamano even with a Japanese name from what I gather is Chinese made so don't compare quality of sound or build to a Japanese Kiwaya. I like the Mainland because I like Mike H. aka HoosierHiver who along with his wife Tooka have excellent customer service and well as setup of each 'ukulele he sells. Besides that they are just nice people period. Oh yes, and their 'ukuleles are probably the best bang for a buck in sound and build quality for the small price paid. I LOVE MY MAINLAND PINEAPPLE!

Unfortunately I have no experience with the HAMANO brand, but I did just get a Mainland tenor cut-away and I can't stop playing this uke. In his post, Ahnko Honu mentioned customer service. There is something to be said about ordering from a small shop where you don't get sent to voicemail lala land "Please listen closely as our options have changed".

I've been researching for a few months and just ordered a Mainland.

I also like Mele and Honu. Honu has a line of Mahogany ukes comin shortly that should offered a lot of bag for the buck.

Mainland are inexpensive, well built, and set-up with care.. so there ya go. I plan to buy than one Mainland, so that says something

I have still never heard a bad thing about Mike and Mainland. Doug W mentioned about "something to be said for the small shop" especially being in the same international area code. Thanks for everyone's reply. You again make me realize that Mainland is my choice. Thank heaven for UU!

Top Bottom