What kind of uke is this and is it worth it?

That looks like a $30 tourist trap uke. Even if it's not, it's not worth much more than that. Don't fall for it.

its hard to tell without knowing the brand name. but personally, i wouldnt pay more than $50 for something that didnt have the brand name. just from the pics, it doesnt look like it would be a bad starter uke. but not for $100. as far as the bridge being screwed in, there are many ukes that go for 3x that price with bridges that are screwed in. companies like kala just use pretty MOP buttons to cover the screw heads.

hey alden.. i agree with these guys. if you can't get any more detailed info from this seller, i would pass on it.

yo, lets hit up thin man music in alameda sometime. they have a really good selection of new and vintage ukes. also, 5th string in berkeley has some good ones. and banjos!

no deal -- too much unknown on the product and the seller. You can spend the same $100 or less and know what you're getting and have a reliable path to solution if something goes wrong.

There's no way they paid $200 for that uke.

Thanks doods. Ima gonna stick to the name brands. Not ready to puchase another one anyway. :(

I live in the Oakland/Berkeley area, and have a number of ukes for sale - if you want to give 'em a try, let me know!

Mele Braddah all solid mahogany concert uke with case - $215 ($200 without case)
Pono model PTC deluxe mahogany and cedar tenor uke with case - $350
Mele 8 string baritone in curly mahogany and bearclaw spruce with case - $400
1920's Martin Style 0 with Pegheds installed, with case - $630

I live in the Oakland/Berkeley area, and have a number of ukes for sale - if you want to give 'em a try, let me know!

Mele Braddah all solid mahogany concert uke with case - $215 ($200 without case)
Pono model PTC deluxe mahogany and cedar tenor uke with case - $350
Mele 8 string baritone in curly mahogany and bearclaw spruce with case - $400
1920's Martin Style 0 with Pegheds installed, with case - $630

Wish I woulda known about that Mele before I purchassed my new uke. Now my wife says I can't get another one till next year. Will you hold it for me? Maybe if I just buy it and hide it at work for a few months. This uke fetish is gonna have me sleeping in the back yard. Well, at least it's almost Summer. And I can play my ukes while I'm ou there!

Wish I woulda known about that Mele before I purchassed my new uke. Now my wife says I can't get another one till next year. Will you hold it for me? Maybe if I just buy it and hide it at work for a few months. This uke fetish is gonna have me sleeping in the back yard. Well, at least it's almost Summer. And I can play my ukes while I'm ou there!

Just let me know if you wanna try it out...
Mebbe you could get something for your wife too...

Top Bottom