MIGM Ukulele

DeG

Reaction score
Jake Shimabukuro and Takamine Guitars get together to make an ukulele, and proceeds go to a worthy cause...
How awesome is that?

http://musicisgoodmedicine.org/?t=pressdetails&aid=56

FSFK_Ukulele_small.jpg

A very worthy cause. Thanks for the link DeG.

Takamine make some very nice acoustic guitars at all price points. I'm sure the uke will be very playable and nice for the price. And if the money goes to a good cause, sign me up!

Thanks Matt, I was going to ask if someone could try them out at NAMM and tell us what they think.

I didn't see any mention of cost other than they will be priced so that anyone who wants one should be able to get one.

While I approve of the concept and the cause, am I a bad person if I still want to see some specs and a price before I consider it?
Not at all! No point in buying something you're really not interested in even if it does support a good cause...

While I approve of the concept and the cause, am I a bad person if I still want to see some specs and a price before I consider it?
Am I a bad person for wanting to know exactly what "a portion of the proceeds" is? If it's only $5 or $10 I'd rather make a donation.

I can see this being a great thing to buy in bulk to donate to elementary schools and other music programs.

Can I go to the front of the line for that:) I'm going to look into it but it will be hard to beat the price that I'm getting from UkeRepublic for my school's club. 37 strong since Christmas. 4 more kids joined today:)

Top Bottom