Kala KTE-C vs. Lanikai CK-TEQ

Terence301

Reaction score
hey everyone, i recently purchased the Kala KTE-C on ebay and expecting it in the mail on monday the 11th. ive been ukuleleing for a year and a half now and i cant get enough of it. does anyone have any experiences with any of these ukes? even better, both? id like to know your thoughts on them and which u would prefer. basicaly i just wanna know if i made a good decision between the two, and apparently its too late to change my mind since ive already ordered the kala. my current ukulele is acctualy just a novelty ukulele that a friend of mine bought for me from her trip to hawaii. ive also modified it a little (changed strings, changed the tuning pegs, adjusted the fret board etc.) and it does sound decent when i compared it to Lanikai standard (LU-11) that another friend of mine uses. believe me when i say it took me AWHILE to decide between the two, ive always been a fan of Kalas but ive tried my friend's lanikai spruce cutaway and i was blown away by it, any thoughts would be appreciated :]

I was in your shoes last year, but ended up with the Lanikai. It was a tough choice between the two, but the Lanikai just had a sound to it that I preferred.
I don't think you can go wrong with either one, it just comes down to personal preference.
Enjoy your new Kala.

oh nice, i see. it really was a tough choice between the two. gaaahh i still havent gotten my kala yet, i tracked it and it says that it should be delivered today. ive been waiting in front of my mail box for a couple of hours now -.-

Kala kte-c

While I'm on vacation in Hawaii I stopped by the Aloha Stadium swap meet. I meet Nandy the owner of Honolulu nuts and Ukulele co. in Waimanalo. I was looking for a cutaway Ukulele and he had several on display. He actually made me try them out including the Kamakas which were going for 1,900 to 2,900. Other music stores won't even let you touch there high end Ukuleles. Well based on my budget which was around $500 I chose the Kala KTE-C Ukulele. It sounded so sweet I and looks fantastic. It was money well spent.

All things being equal I'd pick Lanikai over Kala because of their Customer Service. I had a problem with a Kala and Lanikai at about the same time, though in the end both got taken care of, Kala took a good amount of effort, while Lanikai bent-over-backwards to make things right.

Top Bottom