Check this out

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while and finally tried it. I keep my uke on a hanger on the wall , this way I play it more beause of the easy access. I made my own hanger after buying a string swing and not liking it. My first hanger was OK but this one will be great. It's not done yet. I took a piece of Maple and drilled a 1 1/2 inch hole through it and then cut a 1 inch opening. My piece of wood is 3 1/4 inches by about 5/8's. Theu Uke neck goes in sideways and then rotated and is held in place by the smaller opening. We have little earth quakes here on the Isle and this should keep it from falling off the wall.

Attachments

• CIMG3127.jpg
    CIMG3127.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 30
Nice simple design. Should work OK for those milder 4 to 5 Richter scale quakes. Anything above that you better pad the wall to protect the lower end! How are you going to mount it to the wall?
–Lori

I'll attach it to another piece of similar size. I''l mount the piece with the hole perpindicular to the other piece and attach it with two 1 1/2 inch screws. Then I'll attach it to the wall using a wall anchor.

I assume you are going to put some sort of padding around where the uke will make contact?

I don't think I will use any padding. A soprano doesn't weigh very much, I don't I'll need it. I'm going to use shellac and coat it in my basement. I hate the smell of lacquer , shellac smells better in the house. I'd do it outside but it's only in the 30's. I'll post a pic when it is all done.

Yes , the edge is sharp, I'll get out my Dremel and soften up that angle. I'll try to do a taper similar to the bottom edges of the headstock. This design seems to work great so far. It is hard to knock the Uke out of the holder, it holds really well. Here is a pic of how far I've gotten so far. This is the prototype , hopefully when I get all the bugs out, I'll make a more refined one. I guess I'll wait till spring to spray some lacquer.

Attachments

• CIMG3128.jpg
    CIMG3128.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom