Maxitone Soprano Banjo Ukulele (beat up)

chaztoo

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were. I found an old Maxitone Soprano Banjo Ukulele at a local antique shop. I went in looking for cigar boxes for a CBU, and was dumbstruck to find this in a glass case. It has a resonator back. It's pretty beat up, the metal has rust on it and it has four plastic friction tuners and one geared tuner and is overall, pretty loose. But, the neck is straight as an arrow and it looks like it might be salvageable with some TLC. The lady said she'd take 15% off the 65$ price tag. I might try to get her to back down from that a little, too. The truth is, I don't have the coin for this right now, but I was excited about the find and wanted to share with everyone here.

What are your thoughts?

Charlie

4251962894_06f49a9e08.jpg

4251969788_5f517f218c_o.jpg

take it!my reason is...

Because those tuners are definately replaceabbe at you local music store.and you can sand down the wood a bit so it doesent look so beat up. And you can buy rust removal.it can look good as new as long as your willing to put the time and work.

That's kind of what I've been thinking. I've got a couple boxes of old Tru Vue films and a viewer I might try to talk her into trading or buying.

I bought it this afternoon. I'm really excited about it. I'll be posting better quality photos in the luthier room since I'll be trying to restore it.

Top Bottom