First Uke

I agree with ukeCANjam. I would recommend, however, to get one from MGM. He upgrades the strings to Aquila and makes sure the uke is set up properly before he ships it. http://cgi.ebay.com/MAKALA-SPARKLE-...ultDomain_0?hash=item4cecf42caf#ht_1937wt_957

:agree::agree::agree:I dont have a Dolphin (yet) but I have read SO many good things about them. Many folks who have VERY good ukes, still reccomend the Dolphin. And of course, going with MGM is a must. It will make a WORLD of difference. Don't buy from ScamCash, it will be out of the box and sound like garbage. Go with MGM and you will surely be hooked and infected with UAS. :drool:

:agree::agree::agree:I dont have a Dolphin (yet) but I have read SO many good things about them. Many folks who have VERY good ukes, still reccomend the Dolphin. And of course, going with MGM is a must. It will make a WORLD of difference. Don't buy from ScamCash, it will be out of the box and sound like garbage. Go with MGM and you will surely be hooked and infected with UAS. :drool:

I have two experiences with a kohala and about 60 experiences with the Dolphins. The two kohalas that two students bought were not bad. i changed the strings for the two and the set-up was no worse than any of the other budget ukes. I was hesitant at first b/c the Dolphins have been pretty good even though I have noticed a problem with some of the new ones (Thread coming soon). I'd still recommend a Dolphin over a kohala but the two that I have seen have been good.

:2cents:hey, this was one of my 1st ukes, and it was just really bad. Its got nato top back and sides. STEER CLEAR!!! go with the mahogany, in fact i recently gave this away to my friends 5 year-old. Hope this helps.

P.S. stays in tune for maybe 10 minutes.

:2cents:hey, this was one of my 1st ukes, and it was just really bad. Its got nato top back and sides. STEER CLEAR!!! go with the mahogany, in fact i recently gave this away to my friends 5 year-old. Hope this helps.

P.S. stays in tune for maybe 10 minutes.

The ones I played stay in tune for over an hour. Not all are the same though. I still wouldn't get one when you can get a dolphin for a little more.

I agree with ukeCANjam. I would recommend, however, to get one from MGM. He upgrades the strings to Aquila and makes sure the uke is set up properly before he ships it. http://cgi.ebay.com/MAKALA-SPARKLE-WHITE-SOPRANO-UKULELE-aquilas-HEAR-VIDEO_W0QQitemZ330392939695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecf42caf#ht_1937wt_957

This is a no brainer. Visit MGM on ebay. You will be glad you did!!! I got a Makala Concert he put on aquila strings, adjusted the action, added a case and I was all set. She plays beautifuly and the uke alone I beleive is $60 or so. (Including the aquila strings!!!)

Top Bottom