Makapili Hinoki Top Tenor in Europe

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a Makapili Hinoki Top Tenor Ukulele.

Makapili Ukuleles are handmade by me in my workshop in Italy.

This one is made of 100% environmentally responsible woods.

It is made of:

Hinoki: Soundbboard and bracing (Driftwood Log)

Acacia Confusa: Back, Sides, and fret markers (Urban Tree Removal)

Spanish Cedar: Neck (FSC certified)

Indian Rosewood: Fretboard and bridge (Recycled bass fretboard) This Ukulele has a radiused fretboard

I San Shan: Headplate veneer (Driftwood Log)

Tuners are Grover closed geared

Strings are Savarez Alliance

Here is a sound sample, please excuse my shabby playing:

http://www.box.net/shared/mv5fjq196h

You can see Paw123los playing a very similar instrument here, for a much better example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALzL6LtuzE

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlSWiya5FQ

This is another Ukulele that I made for myself but cannot afford to keep. It has been played, and has some minor scratches, most are right next to the fingerboard on the soundboard. The price reflects this. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The price is Sold, and includes shipping within Europe, and a nice hard case.

I hope it finds a good home.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
Can Someone please explain to me how to post pictures, I cant seem to figure it out with the new forum format.

Never mind. I think I figured it out. These computer things confuse me sometimes.

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited:
I hope these pictures show???

Take care,
Thomas

Attachments

• htten-top.jpg
    htten-top.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 84
  • htten-ssp.jpg
    htten-ssp.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
  • htten-sbd.jpg
    htten-sbd.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 60
  • htten-back.jpg
    htten-back.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 59
  • htten-w-case.jpg
    htten-w-case.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 62
Thomas how do you compare sound of a Hinoki top instrument with Worth strings to a one with Savarez ? Does Savarez feel better ? sound better ?

My ukulele opens up more and more and is a real soundmonster now :) I'm going to post some new videos soon and You will see.

BTW the price on that instrument is great, you are making me want another instrument of yours but I must resist - I have tio many ukuleles :p

Last edited:
Hi Pawel,

Thanks for the kind words about my instruments again. I really look forward to your new videos, I enjoy your playing.

About the Worth vs Savarez. After reading a thread here on UU I decided to try Savarez Alliance strings. I find that they are slightly fuller in sound and have a little better sustain than Worths. They just sound a little better to me. One thing I especially notice is that the harmonics are much easier to play and sound much better with the Savarez Alliance strings. They are both floroucarbon strings, and have a similar feel. I think the Savarez strings may be very slightly firmer than the Worths.

By the way Savarez New Cristal Corums are good strings too, they sounded pretty good on this instrument. They are slightly fuller and deeper sounding, but I really like the sustain and voice of the Alliance strings. Personal preference I guess. I tried some Dadario T2s on this instrument too, but they didnt really do it for me.

I have Savarez Alliance on all of my personal instruments now, except the 8 string concert pineapple (actually one of the E strings is Alliance the rest are Cristal Corums with a Labella Low G) and my soprano which has Aquillas.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Thomas

Are there special Savarez string sets for ukulele ? where do you buy them ?

Sorry for off topic ...

Hi Pawel,

I tried to find the thread that turned me onto them, but the search function isnt too great here right now.

I ordered the strings from stringsbymail.com. You can buy individual strings there. juststrings.com also has individual strings I think. You may also be able to find a guitar store near you that sells single strings. They dont sell Savarez Alliance sets for ukulele. They are High Tension, so beware.

Here are the strings I am using.

G --- 541J (from the high tension set)
C --- 543R (from the normal tension set)
E --- 542R (from the normal tension set)
A --- 541R (from the normal tension set)

One guitar set is enough to string a tenor and a concert, if you pull them tight when you put them on.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

This ukulele is still available, I guess I will reduce the price to Sold.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
What about Sold, including the case, and shipping within Europe.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
This Ukulele is sold.... Thanks

Take care,
Thomas

Top Bottom