Stewart MacDonald Tenor Kit

Jerkey

Reaction score
Ok I am ordering one of these to have a luthier friend build for me. They will not have any in til February so I have time to get some input on the sound and quality of this uke. Oh ya I am a guitar player that has never played a uke before so it will be my first Ukulele. I will have about $400 in it after it is all said and done. Please point me to the right Ukulele in that price range if you think it is to much to put into the Sewart Mac kit.

Thanks,

Mike

Truthfully, if your luthier friend is successful with the build, I think you will be very happy. The materials that come in the kit are of good quality and produce a fine sounding uke. I would suggest, however, that you don't use the strings provided in the kit. Spend the 5-10 dollars for a good set (Aquila, Worth, D'Addario, etc.) If you are considering purchasing a uke instead you may want to look at musicguymic's store on e-bay. He has a large selection in a variety of price ranges and customer service that is hard to beat. Michael will be happy to answer any questions you may have by e-mail or phone including suggesting which uke to buy in your price range. (that's how I bought my 1st uke) Good luck in your pursuit and welcome to UU!!!

Jon

me too

yeah im ordering the same thing it says its coming february 15th i aactually got 2. im not using the bodies so if anyone wants them message me i guess. im making a double neck cigar box uke. im to lazy to actaully make the neck because i was hoping to have it done fast.

yeah im ordering the same thing it says its coming february 15th i aactually got 2. im not using the bodies so if anyone wants them message me i guess. im making a double neck cigar box uke. im to lazy to actaully make the neck because i was hoping to have it done fast.
I'd be interested, I'll PM you.

Top Bottom