Makapili 8 String Concert Pineapple in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a Makapili 8 String Concert Pineapple Ukulele.

Makapili Ukuleles are handmade by me in my workshop in Italy.

This ukulele is made mostly of wood from environmentally responsible sources.

It is made of

Acaccia Confusa: Top, Back, and Sides (Urban Tree Removal)

Spanish Cedar: Neck (FSC Certified) THE NECK IS REINFORCED WITH A CARBON ROD

Indian Rosewood: Fretboard and bridge (recycled bass fretboard)

Macassar Ebony: Headstock overlay (It supposedly came from a tree that was already dead. This is the piece that prohibits me from saying this ukulele is from 100% responsible sources, because I am not sure.)

2.35mm Black Mother of Pearl marker dots on the top and side of the fretboard at 5, 7, 10 12 frets.

Tuners are open geared grovers

Strings are a mix of Savarez New Cristal Corum, Savarez Alliance, and La Bella.

It is strung Gg Cc ee aa.

This ukulele has a few flaws on the headstock. When I was pressing in the bushings for the tuners the headstock overlay crushed a little bit. This is not a structural problem, only a cosmetic flaw. The price reflects this.

This ukulele sounds real nice. I built it with the intention of keeping it. However, I am not a very good ukulele player and I think I should concentrate on learning to play a high g 4 string with some competence before I can learn to play an 8 string. At the rate my playing is progressing that will take years. So if I ever feel like I can play competently I will build myself another 8 string. I also really need the money. I have been beating myself up over whether or not to sell this, and it isnt an easy decision.

Here is a sound sample:

http://www.box.net/shared/frcgql4lp8

The price is 400 Euros, and includes shipping within Europe and a Freemont rectangular case.

I hope it finds a good home.

Take care,
Thomas

Attachments

• 8string-top-whole.jpg
    8string-top-whole.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 8string-back.jpg
    8string-back.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 8string-headstock-flaws.jpg
    8string-headstock-flaws.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 8string-side.jpg
    8string-side.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 8string-top.jpg
    8string-top.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thomas you're such a tease, always wanted a 8 string pineapple the only other one I've seen being from a luthier in New Zealand. Looks great, too bad I'm financially destitute at the moment or I'd snatch this up in a blink of an eye.

Hi Uncle,

I havent seen any 8 string pineapples either. I understand the financial destituteness, if I wasnt in the same boat this one wouldnt be for sale.

Deach,

Thanks, I think the shape helps add projection, by focusing the energy in one place a little better.

Take care,
Thomas

I guess I will reduce the price to 350 Euros, still including the Freemont case and shiping within Europe.

Take care,
Thomas

What about 325 Euros, still including case and shipping.

Take care,
Thomas

This ukulele is still available.

Take care,
Thomas

Yep, it is still here.

What about a price reduction to 324 Euros???

With the Freemont case, and shipping, it is going to be real hard to let it go for any less.

Take care,
Thomas

This ukulele is no longer for sale.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom