PDA

View Full Version : The Classical Ukulele

rreffner
01-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Just received Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Masters John King The Classical Ukulele with enclosed CD. Wow, what a great book. The accompanying CD is fantastic. Now all I have to do is practice, practice, practice. And practice some more . . .

I recommend this book of TAB to anyone wanting to study classical and/or finger picking technique.:music:

AnnaUK
01-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I've got this book, too. I agree, it's very good. Some difficult arrangements, but that is a good thing.
I always think you can't improve if you don't stretch yourself.

I'd certainly recommend it :)

ukeatan
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
This is a great book / CD. After I got this one, I got his Famous Solos & Duets for the Ukulele, which I like even more, plus the arrangements are generally less difficult than on The Classical Ukulele. Highly recommend you pick that one up, too.

kenikas
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Just received Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Masters John King The Classical Ukulele with enclosed CD. Wow, what a great book. The accompanying CD is fantastic. Now all I have to do is practice, practice, practice. And practice some more . . .

I recommend this book of TAB to anyone wanting to study classical and/or finger picking technique.:music:
I definately agree! Mine just came yesterday and I was listening to the CD on the way home from work, the sound is amazing. And it's played on a concert Fluke with Aquila's, really makes me appreciate the Fluke's more than I had in the past. I'm going to search for his Famous Solos and Duets book right now!

Citrus
01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
if you like classical music you should toss buddy mccue a message, he's the expert on it