Banjolele Case Bag ??

candela

Reaction score
Hey there Ukunuts..

I am new to this forum.. ok thats it said that..

Hey can anyone help me here.. I have just acquired a Gibson UB-1 Banjo Uke... ok ok I can feel the envy... I got a great deal by scouring the classifieds for months.. (BTW I christened him Victor, he sounds like an old Victor recording)

Anyway I have two questions..
one is does anyone have any case or bag recommendations.. I have been looking on the web but can't seem to find anything just right.. I may have to make my own case...

Second, what is the drop on humidification. I keep my Hawaiian boys (Bertram and Mr Woo) in their cases with little sponge bottles to regulate the wetness. Should I do the same for the Gibson.

Any advice greatfully accepted

Welcome to UU!

I've not seen cases/gig bags offered for banjulele's....but then, I've never looked for them, either. I don't think a simple gig bag would be to hard to make, though. How to deal with humidification (if that's even a word) depends on where you live, and the relative humidity there. You should probably shoot for 45 - 50% relative humidity....

I'm having the same trouble trying to find one. I'm restoring an old banjo uke and will be looking for a case soon, so I'll be watching this thread. The only results I've been getting for searches have been for the Gold Tone banjoleles that come with a hard case. I found this link on the Gold Tone site, but it's stinking expensive and it's the only case for which they do not have a photo. It's frustrating.

I keep my Dixie banjolele in a soprano bag from Empire music. It's a little tight but it fits. My girlfriend keeps her 1920s banjolele in a bag made by Ritter, that fits pretty well. I think just about any soprano bag that isn't too contoured will work, and Goldtone does make a banjo bag, too. Failing that, you can always use a tennis racket case.

Top Bottom