NAMM next week..new models..yes new prices???

MGM

Reaction score
Off to Namm next week...lots of new models and makers entering the marketplace and manufacturing arena...better for us I hope....also though... Winter Namm is the date when new price list come out and I know as I have received new pricelist for 2010 and of course increases are inevitable. Anyone going? Its a great time..Will take my new Zoom Q-3 and have videos and pics as soon as I can

Have a great trip! Wish I was able to go but I know you will keep us posted Thanks.

Jack

You need someone to be your official cameraman or other equipment carrier? I would be happy to be your lackey...just sayin'

MGM, I'm a big supporter of Ukulele fun. The enjoyment I've derived is significant. My ukulele spend is also significant:).

Please let manufactures know about my consumer viewpoint.

Unfortunately as a consumer in this ecomomic environment I don't like to hear about price increases. I challenge price increases with the premise that if something is priced more attractively, more will sell. When the manufactures mention price increase, as they will, please let them hear my vote for lowering prices to sell more. I like to believe that there are hopeful opportunities to reduce costs somehow with the goal of not affecting quality. I may be an optimist here, and undoubtedly manufactures have this difficult goal and do their best. I also believe that this is a wonderful niche product where perhaps the laws of supply and demand are unique. I get that usually prices go up, but I at the very least want to challenge this trend at every opportunity with my feedback. So, in case they ask, and even if they don't, please give them my view on price increases. BTW, regardless, I'm saving up to buy the next uke with you.

Last edited:
MGM, I'm a big supporter of Ukulele fun. The enjoyment I've derived is significant. My ukulele spend is also significant:).

Please let manufactures know about my consumer viewpoint.
I think the problem with your viewpoint, Dave (and I don't disagree, necessarily - I would love to see prices drop and volume increase) is that it is pretty much a ukulele sellers' market right now. The instrument is enjoying a surge in popularity, so manufacturers can increase prices and still move the same amount or more product - they don't NEED to lower prices to sell their goods right now! The ukulele seems to be one of few things that has actually been enjoying increasing sales through the recession. My guess is it's still a relatively inexpensive instrument that makes people happy. In addition, the cost of materials is increasing as some of the desirable tone woods are becoming more scarce, but the public hasn't fully embraced the alternative woods yet. As long as people are demanding Koa and other costly woods, the price will increase as supply of those woods decreases and demand increases...

Like I said - I don't disagree that lowering price to increase volume can be a great strategy at the right time and can generate good will among customers, I just don't think this is a time when that will be a practical model...

Can't blame me for trying! Pictures, you guys! We will need lots and lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through your glamorous lives!

Ken:

You need someone to be your official cameraman or other equipment carrier? I would be happy to be your lackey...just sayin'

Haha. Thanks for the offer, Jon. I have to say you are not the first. I'll be working in the daytime during the show. But if you, or anyone else, wants to come and find me after the show each day, I'd love to meet up.

Top Bottom