No warning?

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
For real guys, you need to post strong warnings to noobs like me about UAS!!!

I became the proud owner of a Lanikai NK-C on New Year's Day (my first ukulele). I have played the fool out of it since. I am working on strumming rhythms & chunking, but the chords & chord transitions are coming along nicely.

Anyhow, I have become obsessed with ukes now. I am seriously digging the KoAloha Pineapple Sunday and Sceptre. Now, as a noob, I know I have no business getting these fine instruments. But I can't help it! Not only do they sound great, they are incredibly creatively designed & beautiful. I had no clue that UAS could strike so suddenly. You should have warned me!

I guess my question is should I get the Sceptre concert or Tenor? :) Any thoughts?

Aloha!

Get the Pineapple Sunday.

Its like having children, no one can prepare you for it, and even if we did, you wouldn't listen.

MGM has a Sceptre with your name on it.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I simply can't get enough of playing and learning (though I still suck). I'm looking for another uke as well, and like you, looking at a "FINE" instrument like Moore Bettah. The only way I can justify owning one, is to claim my love for art. Hope everyone else is enjoying as much as we are.

David

OK. so first off, let me show how little I know. NOOB? UAS? A little help please.

Next, I bought a Lanikia 21 Soprano in October and became equally addicted. Like you, the Chord transitions are going well and now the Finger picking has started and it's a comfortable, though slow road. Naturally, I chose to do an upgrade. The Uku you thinking of buying, KoAloha Pineapple I think is about $500. That is out of my price range for an upgrade at my level. If the cost is bothering you at all, have you considered a Mainland Uku? I ordered mine yesterday after intense research. Take a minute to read the comments on UU and you will see that people love these Uku’s, but if the price of the KoAloha Pineapple is good for you then good for you. Buy it and play on. Good luck and let us know what you do. But take a look at Mainland anyway. You might get one as your 3rd Uku. Lol :D

OK. so first off, let me show how little I know. NOOB? UAS? A little help please.

Noob= new person
UAS= Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome.

Pineapple Sunday is quite different from a pineapple. Check it out here: http://www.koaloha.com/Signature_Line/PineappleSunday.html

Like I said, I don't deserve it, but it is calling my name!

hosenfeferdave, I do believe MGM will be my guy. I haven't decided concert or tenor sceptre. I don't like the grain pattern on the concert he has on eBay right now, or I would be all over it.

Giizer, I also like Moore Bettah ukes. They are something awesome, and I want one eventually. His inlay work is out-of-this-world! They are pieces of art.

One thing to think about - you're very very new at the uke game. I've been through a lot of ukes in the past year while I was searching for the best size, style, and fit for me. I'd hate for you to jump into a Pineapple Sunday or Sceptre and find they're not right. See if you can play with some concerts and tenors and get the feel for just the right format for you, then make the big purchase. I only speak from experience...

my lack of funds plus the strain on my marriage of my chronic UAS is seriously compromising my life quality.

wife. the kids need new shoes.
me, yes they can get some after i buy that new mainland
wife,you've already got three why do you need more
me er..i just....er...need...er...more
wife arrgghhh ( attacks with kitchen knife

my lack of funds plus the strain on my marriage of my chronic UAS is seriously compromising my life quality.

wife. the kids need new shoes.
me, yes they can get some after i buy that new mainland
wife,you've already got three why do you need more
me er..i just....er...need...er...more
wife arrgghhh ( attacks with kitchen knife

Well, we all know what the right thing for you to do is.

Kid rid of the wife and kids!
:biglaugh:

Well, we all know what the right thing for you to do is.

Kid rid of the wife and kids!
:biglaugh:
Oh, come on Thom. Don't you think that's a little extreme?

Sounds like he just needs to hide the kitchen knives.

i know how you feel, I've only been playing 4 months and I now own 4 ukuleles - how long can this go on?

I personally like the Sceptre better than the Pinapple Sunday. I think it is easier to hold and sounds very nice, they both sound nice.

As for being a noob and deserving it. You should get the nicest uke you can afford. Do not think it is too nice for you. If anything it will make you play more so you achieve the "right to play a nice instrument".

The only thing is you are still a noob and you love it right now but in a month or two you might not feel the same and then you have a pretty nice ukulele just sitting there. Or like bbycrts said you may not like the PS or Sceptre for whatever reason. I hope this does not happen, but you never know.

Top Bottom