ukulele in the snowy mountains?

artuliao

Reaction score
Hey guys! I thought I'd get some feedback on bringing my ukulele up to the mountains or not this weekend. First of all I'm fairly new posting on the forums but I've been active on the site for a while now. The ukulele I currently own is a Kala KA-FMC. I was just wondering if there was anything that would make me worry about bringing this particular ukulele with me..

whatever you feel comfortable with. I mean, me, I would take any ukulele with me anywhere... Here in Australia, I love playing my ukulele around 11pm-12am, simply because it brings out a better sound because it's colder. I'm not sure to what temperature would effect your ukulele, in cold temperatures, but not unless you through it in the snow... you should be fine. This thread should teach me a thing or two.

Take along a tuner. I usually have to retune in the morning and evening during the winter when the temperature changes alot.

It's not so much the changes in temperature or humidity that are bad for our ukes. It's the rapid and/or exteme changes that are the problem. Solid wood ukes are the most likely victims. Laminates usually do better in this regard.

just don't loan it to any bears. their claws will be murder on the strings

Top Bottom