spreading the ukulelelove campaign.

geoffsuke

Reaction score
heyup uu!!

we're always hearing of deach and other ukers amazing generosity, and over all, the ukulele community is incredibly generous and i'm incredibly proud to be part of it.

so here's what i was thinking. lets put all this generosity in one place for 2010. i want to create a campaign called the spreading the ukulelelove campaign.

this comes after an internet campaign showed how power in numbers can achieve such amazing things over here in the uk. the US may of heard of this. over here in the uk, us public were fed up x-factor always winning the christmas number one spot. so, a facebook campaign was created and consequently, a rage against the machine song was launched to number one. i thought, lets do this and put it to a good cause.

so here's the plan. i want to gather the whole ukulele community together across all sites and all continents and ask for a single dollar from any willing to do so. due to the size and generosity of the community, i feel through this we can raise a great amount of money. Then, we agree on a charity, i suggest a childrens charity seeing as the ukes will be most welcome here and we donate ukuleles to this charity that we've purchased using the money raised.

so, what do you guys think? do you think we can unite under one cause and create an amazing amount of ukulele love?
anyone got any schools or charities that would be good to aim for?

cheers gents and ladygents
geoffsuke

What's to do? Give money... buy a uke... give it away. Go for it. Maybe ask for donations somewhere away from UU, so it doesn't hurt our friends here, or their reputation in any way. You could still say that it's from some nice people at UU.

I think this is a great idea, and it's got a catchy title.
Maybe you can donate them to like a teen center or something like that along with some chord charts. I can see that being a big help for sick or troubled teens.

Excellent suggestion. Kiva gives people a great opportunity to help the less fortunate out and with our uke name stuck to it, we help spread the uke love. :)

i had a look at this and it's a great idea!!
i was thinking of something slightly different though, were if we can get a lot of poeple together to give a very small amount each into a fund, we can then buy a load of ukes and give them to kids with learning difficulties or as suggested above, with troubled pasts

i was thinking of something slightly different though, were if we can get a lot of poeple together to give a very small amount each into a fund, we can then buy a load of ukes and give them to kids with learning difficulties or as suggested above, with troubled pasts
I think someone has already done that... come on, someone help me out with this, lol. Not saying we can't do it again, though, lol.

I'll gladly help out. I could spread some non-UU donations through my blog if we wanted to reach out as much as possible. I have a fifteen dollar visa card thing that's almost useless to me, so I could register it online and we can use this, too. hehe.

EDIT: I'm not careless with money, the card is 'useless' because gas stations can't accept it and I don't want it diminished to mere pennies if I used it at a restaurant or something. :)

Right, no reason not to do both... just thought people interested in this should be aware of the UPUDWS thread too.

I'll gladly help out. I could spread some non-UU donations through my blog if we wanted to reach out as much as possible. I have a fifteen dollar visa card thing that's almost useless to me, so I could register it online and we can use this, too. hehe.

EDIT: I'm not careless with money, the card is 'useless' because gas stations can't accept it and I don't want it diminished to mere pennies if I used it at a restaurant or something. :)

yeah man, that's great. i was waiting to see as to what the reaction to the idea would be and then decide whether to go ahead with it or not. i'll definately let you know. especially with the blog.

yeah man, that's great. i was waiting to see as to what the reaction to the idea would be and then decide whether to go ahead with it or not. i'll definately let you know. especially with the blog.
Sounds great, dude. We could start a new post with the support, or even a third party location, like a Facebook group or something. When the idea goes into fruition, I'll make a blog post, youtube vid, etc. etc.

Love the idea Geoff. I have cash and I'm not afraid to give it away! Where do I send it?

Top Bottom