Here's a song for beginners (well, novice players I'd say...)

Poggie

Reaction score
Hello all! Been playing ukulele now for 4 months and about two weeks ago, everything started to click. Been learning easy-ish songs left, right and centre.

After learning Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I wanted something maybe -slightly- more challenging so I went hunting for guitar tabs (thousands upon thousands of them compared to about 400 uke tabs :\) and found this:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/carpenters/top_of_the_world_ver3_crd.htm

This is Top of the World by the Carpenters. It's a nice, slow-ish song with relatively easy chords (if you know Rainbow, you'll know 3 of the chords already needed for this song). I know it's a guitar chord tab, but it works quite well on the uke too.

On another note, if there are any other songs like this (ie: no overly complicated chords, easy to strum) then please let me know because I am sick of playing Clementine whenever I go wrong.

Thanks.

Check out chordie.com
You can look in the public song books under ukulele or just browse the artists. On the right side of a song you can change the chord shapes to ukulele or transpose.

Ukulele JJ's rule of song-picking-out: You can't go wrong with the Carpenters! :)

JJ

If you want to move to the next level of chord changing songs try "Love Me Tender", The King! I'm sorry but I can not find where I printed it from. If you like Elvis and are looking for the enxt level song, give it a try. The chords are tough, it's the chord switching that is a little quick. Good Luck.

Chordie.com it the BEST!

Top Bottom