Guitar to Ukulele transcribtion

revdrjim

Reaction score
Hi all, long time listener, 1st time caller.

I want to learn some stuff I found in a Tom Waits song book that includes guitar tableture. Aside from the obvious fingering differences would I want to play the same chords tabbed out for guitar or do I need to do some kinda transcription?
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited:
most of the time guitar chords work perfectly fine on the uke. Because it's out of a book it's probably perfect, you tend to find sometimes with chords that you find on the internet that they sound perfectly fine on a guitar but the uke is less forgiving.

If you'd like to try different chords though, try transposing it up or down a couple of semitones

Yeah I often play the same or similar chords when I'm working something out, it usually works really well and you can always play about with it a bit if it doesn't sound right "... if it sounds right then it is!"

You play the same chords for ukulele as you would for guitar. Or piano, or banjo, or vietnamese nose flute, etc.

is it bad manners to pick my vietnamese nose flute in public?

thanks seeso, casarole45 & whetu.

i was wondering because i used to play tenor sax which is a Bb instrument (sounds a 9th lower than it looks on paper) and i would have to transpose music written for piano
________
Vaporite solo

Last edited:
Top Bottom