I brought home a new ukulele

rreffner

Reaction score
I brought home tonight a new '08 Pono PCS deluxe concert, mahogany back and sides, spruce top, ebony fingerboard,with mini grovers with Ko'olau case.

This is my first concert. I have only played a tenor in the past with the exception of a cheap soprano. So far I like the size. Even though I have rather large hands, I find the neck and fretting fitting me fine. My tenor is strung low-G and my new concert high-G. It has Ko'olau strings on and I have never played on them either. I think I will keep them on for awhile before putting on Aquila Nylguts.

I'll post some photos later on. It's a beautiful instrument. :shaka:

Well, so much for my Pono PCS. The buzz simply would not go away. The 'A' string was too low, striking the fret wire. So I exchanged it today for a PCES (photos to come).

Beautiful ukulele. Ebony back & sides, spruce top. The set up seems very good. I need to play it some now.

A good dealer would have a person who could have fixed that simple problem.

You are correct and the option was presented. The store person however is on his way to the convention in California and was not going to be available for a few days. While I was waiting, another uke caught my eye. So I decided to swap. They gave me full price for the uke needing setup/repair.

Top Bottom