Uke Minutes 74 - Using Flat Picks

Hey UUers! Another fresh ep. of Uke Minutes waiting for you on the front page!

Uke Minutes 74 - Using Flat Picks

The music store that we went to get picks from didn't have any felt picks in stock, but they did have rubber and nylon. Aldrine chose to use the nylon one for some reason, which gives a harsher sound than most of you are probably used to on the uke. So it is.

Questions, comments, thoughts, personal pick preferences, pick horror stories/triumphs, opinions about plaid flannel? Post them below!

Anyone have an opinion on the new wedgie picks? I suck with a pick and I don't like the sound of most picks, but some songs eat my fingernail alive. Thanks for any opinions.

i dont use picks personally...i just feel more comfy using my fingerss

I find I can hear the noise that the pick makes on the strings which I don't like but I have much louder, clearer sound when using one.
Question. Do you hold the pick tight or loosely?

Hi,

can you tell your different strumming technics to do triplets with a pick ?
I saw a lot of funk guitar player who add triplets in their funky patterns but there are no tutorials avaible on youtube.
I need a clear explanation of doing triplet strum with a pick.

Many Thanks.

I've found soft nylon picks work best with Ukes. I had to play with a pick at first, coming from a guitar background. Couldn't get the hang of playing with my fingers.
I grew my nails a little longer and finally........Voila. Now I never use the pick.

Top Bottom