Sprucehouse Value

pdxuke

Reaction score
Hi All:

I added a Sprucehouse S-O to the fleet a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to do a formal review because I'm back to teaching after the holidays, and in a show, and haven't had time. But I just want to briefly tell you that I think it represents an amazing value, is beautifully hand made, and sounds lovely. The closest thing I can compare it to is the laminate side and back Kiwaya. Light, affordable, and for a hand made instrument a value.

Remember that when I say laminate I'm talking about that high quality, light material that you find in the entry level Kiwaya's. A Sprucehouse, built here in Oregon, very much reminds me of a Kiwaya.

A new SO is under $300 (way under) and comes with a hardcase so nice I ordered an extra one for my soon to arrive Jenny.

Right now on Ebay there is a model S-1, with an opening bid of $159. If I didn't already have the S-O, which sounds the same. I'd be buying this.

There are no bids as of this writing, because I don't think a lot of people are aware of this luthier's work. MGM had a custom built to sell--he was highly impressed with Sprucehouse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/sprucehouse-s-1-soprano-ukulele-handmade-in-america_W0QQitemZ140371713829QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

If you suffer from UAS and you'd like a high quality instrument, bid on this! (BTW, I have no idea who the seller is! I have nothing to do with this sale!)

Top Bottom