Kala Reggae Uke ...colorful

Hey Mike:

Tell Kala we want more novelty ukes in traditional and unusual shapes. I'd like one shaped like a soprano with a silk screened "Island" theme (volcano, hula girl, flowers, etc) , price point the same. Also a boat paddle. And a bell. Keep bringing on these ukes, they are awesome fun! Watermelon, Kiwi and Pineapple are great starts. This is a nice addtion too. Keep em comin!

beautiful! though they mixed up the order^^

that's what I was thinking. Seems like a weird mistake to make. You would think that if they were gonna make a bold move like that and make a "rasta" uke, they would have done a little research. Oh well...still looks awesome. And I agree...I'd take that as a beater any day!!

Hey Mike,
I only see sopranos on your site. The vid is of a tenor? Can we get a sound sample of the soprano?

I would love a long scale soprano as my "car uke"

Last edited:
Ok, now it's just bothering me....I need more info on these bc I want one...BAD!!

What kind of wood are they? I think it is safe to assume they are not solid wood. Are they wood at all? Are they made of the same thing as the dolphins? What is the price point for the tenor? I see MGM has the sopranos for $100 plus $12.95 shipping (with Aquilas and setup and gigbag...of course!). Geared tuners, I know. Are they Grovers? Is the back all black or is it painted as well?

grrrrrr....me wanty!! :drool:

Last edited:
This is a Laminate ukulele finished in gloss paint this one has yellow back and sides although i think it may be different in following productions. The price is well I have only ONE of these and its going to be listed in 10 minutes very affordable...

Very cool. I was going to ask if the color scheme is on the headstock also, but I see that it is. Awesome.

ebay listing

the title on the auction says tenor but the item written discription says saprano.. so what size is it.? thanks

beautiful! though they mixed up the order^^

I'd take one of them as my beater any day... hmmm. dreams...

But if you were to hang the flag from it's end, it's right.. so picture the uke handing on the wall..

the colors are in the right order whan hanging, just not playing.

:)

But if you were to hang the flag from it's end, it's right.. so picture the uke handing on the wall..

the colors are in the right order whan hanging, just not playing.

:)

That's true, maybe that's what they were going for. Who knows. A cool uke either way, that's for sure. Gonna have to get one to serve as my "car uke" :D

I can't find the tenor on the MGM page. I assume that the tenor is the one he said he was gonna post "in 10 minutes." Must have been sold already :( That's ok, I think I want a soprano anyway! I'm really interested in a sound sample of the soprano though. Wonder how it compares to the dolphins.

that's what I was thinking. Seems like a weird mistake to make. You would think that if they were gonna make a bold move like that and make a "rasta" uke, they would have done a little research. Oh well...still looks awesome. And I agree...I'd take that as a beater any day!!

well, it is a very common mistake to make. and even I'n'I say red gold and green in that order. but who cares anyway, it's a nice idea!

Top Bottom