Nalu for my wife's Christmas present

surgeon00

Reaction score
After seeing ukulele boy on youtube, my wife (who's always been a fan of uke music) mentioned she wish she knew how to play. So for Christmas I thought I'd surprise her with a ukulele. Since neither of us know how to play, I didn't want to spend too much. And not being a uke aficiando, and after visiting a few music stores all the ukes started to look the same to me. Then I ran across one with a cool looking abalone wave pattern around the sound hole. Turns out it's a solid mahogony Nalu (I guess it's a relatively new company?) Anyway -- my wife said "it's soooo cute!" and within an 15 minutes of never having played, she's strumming away on "Drop, baby Drop."

Attachments

• nalu.jpg
    nalu.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 69
Welcome to UU, to both you and the wife! Don't forget to check the on-line lessons available on the UU homepage, and the Beginner's Forum, as well. Good for your wife for being into it! Now, how about you? You know you want to....you can admit it, we're all friends here. Get yourself another uke, and before you know it you'll be playing sweet duets with the wife....

Welcome to UU, to both you and the wife! Don't forget to check the on-line lessons available on the UU homepage, and the Beginner's Forum, as well. Good for your wife for being into it! Now, how about you? You know you want to....you can admit it, we're all friends here. Get yourself another uke, and before you know it you'll be playing sweet duets with the wife....

Haha! Actually she always wanted to accompany me while I play the guitar -- but her hands are too small for even a Baby Taylor. So now she happily strums while I pick. But I have to admit it's tempting...:)

Welcome, and that is a sweet ukulele you got her. What a lucky gal to have a sweetie like you!

Top Bottom