new ukulele orchestra (maybe)!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was both surprized and thrilled to receive the following e-mail today! Many of you may have read recently on this forum about my first two visits to our new local uke group. Our most recent get together was last Thursday evening, and today I received this message:

Hi Everyone,
I really enjoyed our last get together. I think the island songs and
libations raised everyone's spirits above the dreariness of winter. I
have been asked to announce the possibility of starting a ukulele
orchestra that would meet at a different time (and possibly, place)
than the support group. A few more advanced players would be needed
but the group would be open to novices, as well. A short-term goal of
this group might be to learn a few songs and perform at Bernunzio
Uptown Music during the Jazz Fest. Please contact....if you are interested.
Sincerely,
Julie

I am so stoked! I've already replied expressing my interest, and I can't wait to hear back! As much fun as the uke group is, the orchestra sounds like it would be even better....

Sounds great, mate! Hope it works out :)

Looks like your uking is really taking off.

Cool. An Orchestra can be a lot of fun. Let us know how it's progressing. There's a lot of work that goes into a group that you don't initially think about that. I'm sure there's a goodly number of folks with experience around here who can help steer you through it.

I've heard back via e-mail about my initial interest in the orchestra. Apparently they've had six responses thus far. They'll wait a bit to see if more folks chime in, then send out another e-mail with further information. UU member guitharsis (sp?) has signed up, too. I'll keep you posted as things develop....

No, Lanark -- it's not CAN be a lot of fun. It IS fun.

Good luck on this Mailman. I hope it works out for you.

Top Bottom