Cover of schizophrenic snowflakes

great job!..i really dig your uke too.

@757- Hey! You're like, my neighbor!

@Fretschen- yup. It was actually made by another member on the forums- cornfedgroove

Wow, great job, Valerie!

Yep Valerie ..we are neighbors..maybe when it gets warmer we can jam sometime

Nice work Valerie. We don't always have to do all the crazy strumming and stretches Aldy does in his vids. This is a perfect example of how you adapted your fingerstyle into it and made it your own AND it sounds great. This should prove to be very inspiring to others that may feel intimidated by Aldrine's skills and wouldn't even think to attempt a song like this. Now, maybe they will. Thanks!

lol, thanks Dom, I'm all about being as lazy as possible when I play. I don't think I've ever played a piece exactly the way it was transcribed or "meant" to be played. For me, taking a piece and figuring out how to play it is just as fun as actually getting around to play the piece. :) (plus- I've never really figured out how to strum, so I just tend to avoid it.)

Last edited:
So I had never heard the original song and just looked it up. It's great, but so is this. Slowing it down like this seems to give it somewhat of a holiday feel.

I also really like the uke :D

lol, thanks Dom, I'm all about being as lazy as possible when I play. I don't think I've ever played a piece exactly the way it was transcribed or "meant" to be played. For me, taking a piece and figuring out how to play it is just as fun as actually getting around to play the piece. :) (plus- I've never really figured out how to strum, so I just tend to avoid it.)

I have the same thing as you :p Only I never learned any proper fingerpicking. What we also have in common though is smiling appologetically at the camera whenever we make a booboo ;)

Nice job, Valerie! Thanks for sharing!

.wOW! You ROCKED Snowflake! +1 imaginary rep points for even attempting it!! +2 for kicking so much ass on it!!!

Top Bottom