The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) - Flight of the Conchords (Cover)

Professor Palmer

Reaction score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvFl1Uj4MM (Please listen in High Quality with headphones!)

I'm at home for a semester so I get to play around with my dad's recording equipment. Also brushed the dust off my bass for this one.

I was almost done about midday when the recording unit crashed and I lost everything. Had to start from scratch. Just finished!

As you can probably tell, this is significantly more polished than my first video. I know you can't see the chords I'm playing but I didn't realize the mic was in the way until during editing. Hope you enjoy it though.

Edit: Holy crap youtube lowers the quality. Dang.

Last edited:
Hey man thanks.

Haha, nice job on your video. It's a great song for parties and stuff. I would've liked to do a collab with it, but I was more interested in tinkering with the recording equipment. Though the video is low quality, the sound still sounds decent.

seems like you have some good recording equipment. what did you use to do this?

Yeah, my dad, my brother, and I have all grown up as musicians so we've invested a chunk-o-change in music equipment over the years Definitely nothing top notch or professional though. I recorded with a band once in a studio and I can't even begin to compare sound quality with my home rig. It's amazing.

To record this I used a Boss BR-1180. It's 6 or 7 years old, but has held up great. My brother, however, has the Boss MICRO. It's only a little bigger than a cassette tape, but still sounds great. It is pretty crazy. I would highly recommend one to anyone who wants great sound quality and portability. For recording acoustic uke, however, you'll also want to invest in a condenser mic (like the one pictured in the video).

Excellent job! (Loved the Photoshop work too :)

Top Bottom