Opinions Please

pdxuke

Reaction score
Choices, choices.choices. I don't have any experiance with any of your choices. But, I can tell you that U.A.S. is a tough thing to deal with. I wish you the best of luck with your decision!

I've played all 3 and they are all very nice quality built and sounding instruments. The MELE of course is made in the Philippines though set up on Maui, and a Maui company. Not sure if that makes a difference to you- country of origin. I own a Mele koa pineapple I love. The KoAloha reputation speaks for itself, excellence all around. The Keli'i is relatively unknown make outside of Hawai'i but is a best buy especially considering the included case, and being solid Koa and made in Hawai'i. I don't think you'll regret buying any of these but a Hawaiian 'ukulele on a budget get the Keli'i. My 2 cents.

I have heard good things about all three brands you have listed. I haven't played a Mele or Keli'i, but every KoAloha ukulele I have played has been excellent.

The Mele has ebony bridge, fingerboard and bindings, so if you're into those, that's a plus. Ebony is considered a step-up from rosewood. It is a harder, denser wood, and will last longer.

Top Bottom