The Makala Dolphin - Need help finding one cheap.

JKoval

Reaction score
Now, I recall finding them online around this time last year, for around thirty bucks.

I know it's nitpicking, but I don't really want to spend more than 40 bucks for this beauty of a beater.

Anyone know where these things run cheap with a color selection? Thanks!

Does it have to be online? The Sam Ash store in San Antonio had them for $35 last time I was there.

Now, I recall finding them online around this time last year, for around thirty bucks.

I know it's nitpicking, but I don't really want to spend more than 40 bucks for this beauty of a beater.

Anyone know where these things run cheap with a color selection? Thanks!

MGM sells them for $36.95. They are properly set up and as someone before me said, Aquillafied . Part of my appreciation of this uke is because it has been optimized to play at its absolute best by Mike. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way about it were I to buy stock.

BTW, in my opinion, these instruments are more than beaters--they're KEEPERS!:eek:

Yeah, I was definitely considering MGM but the only problem lies in the fact that he can't have all the colors on hand!

Red and blue for under $30.

Looks like factory strings and I have no idea what kind of setup you can expect.

Likewise for this: "any color in stock" for $25.

I'm considering buying a dolphin but I think I'll hold off until MGM has a color I like.

You know, you're probably right... I'm just on my student's budget so I'm a tad hesitant on spending forty bucks on something that's bought for it's cheapness. haha

Yeah, I was definitely considering MGM but the only problem lies in the fact that he can't have all the colors on hand!

Don't go by what he has listed on eBay because he has allot in his warehouse that he doesn't have listed on eBay. Give him an email requesting a color and chances are he already has one on the shelf.

Don't go by what he has listed on eBay because he has allot in his warehouse that he doesn't have listed on eBay. Give him an email requesting a color and chances are he already has one on the shelf.

That's a great idea... now the REAL problem arises... EXACTLY which one!

When I bought ours, I called him and he was able to get the colors I wanted right away, although they were not listed on Ebay at the time. I think my daughter's sparkle black one looks pretty cool. Plus if you scratch it, you can touch it up with sharpie. :)

Have you asked about the color you want? I wanted candy apple red for my daughter for Christmas - I emailed him even though they weren't on his ebay store and he had them in stock - in my hands in just a few days!

"Need help finding one cheap."

I didn't know they came any other way! ;)

I'd go with MGM on this, and wait if he doesn't have your color. It does cost a few more bucks, but you have to realize that he puts on good strings and ensures the uke is set-up as well as it can be. Ordering your dolphin elsewhere will be hit-or-miss.

The added playability is well worth it. In a year, you won't remember spending the extra money, but you'll remember the past year of playing a fun uke!

JJ

Have you asked about the color you want? I wanted candy apple red for my daughter for Christmas - I emailed him even though they weren't on his ebay store and he had them in stock - in my hands in just a few days!

Definitely worth asking. He has stuff that isn't listed on eBay.

"Need help finding one cheap."

I didn't know they came any other way! ;)

I'd go with MGM on this, and wait if he doesn't have your color. It does cost a few more bucks, but you have to realize that he puts on good strings and ensures the uke is set-up as well as it can be. Ordering your dolphin elsewhere will be hit-or-miss.

The added playability is well worth it. In a year, you won't remember spending the extra money, but you'll remember the past year of playing a fun uke!

JJ

Very true! (about the money vs. fun idea)

Yeah, everyone was a great help. I'm going to try to put some money aside and order a blue / yellow / or light blue or whatever! haha

Just got off the phone with MGM -- if you want a metallic blue one you may be out of luck, I think I just bought his last one in stock. But he says by about the 22nd he should have a new shipment of all the colors.

Top Bottom