2nd UKULELE!

drewblank

Reaction score
This is my first post so...here goes: I have a Kala KA-15S Soprano Ukulele I got back in may of 2009 and for christmas I got Aquillas. I love my uke, I play everyday and my bestfriend and I have a band and have written a few songs for the uke. I feel like im ready to buy my 2nd ukulele and I'm npt sure what to get. I definatley want something quality but nothing over the $160-180 dollar range. I also am looking for a ukulele with more sound, something that has a lower range. I love the sound of the soprano I just want something with more..."umph" My best friend has a concert uke and I like the sound and all, I just want something a tad lower. Would a tenor uke be good? Also I'm looking for a uke that has a pickup. I just know I want a ukulele with a deeper sound, good quality, and a pickup. If any one could help, or give me a suggestion I would greatly appreaciate it! Thanks!!

Buy the Lanikai LU21-TE.

It's awesome. It's got a warm tone, a pickup, and takes a beating. You can string it low G for an even lower sound, if you like.

Thats what I was thinking!! Its got a nice price, pickup and Lanakai seems like a trusted brand. Thanks, I'm thinking thats what I'll get.

I am in the same boat as you. Kala KA-S was my first. I am thinking about 2 different ideas.

Definitely a tenor. I looked at the lanikai but liked the pickup better on the Kala KA-TE and I bought my 1st one from musicguymic on ebay and was really pleased. perfect out of the box. Loved the aquila strings it came with. I was thinking about buying another from him as mentioned and it was 180 and change for a acoustic electric with a case.

I also like the look of the eleukes. They come in tenor as well for about 210 or less BUT you can practice anytime anywhere thanks to the headphone jack AND you can jame to your favorite tunes with the MP3 hookup. It's a little more but comes with more. Just a thought, happy hunting.

Top Bottom