What a Wonderful World it is with two ukes (2 mp3s)

Plainsong

Reaction score
Ok, these aren't videos, but two mp3s. I took a stab at What a Wonderful World first with the koa Flea and then the Pono mahogany tenor. Both use Worth browns, and the Pono is in Low G. Neither of these versions is too great. You know how it is when you screw up in a new and different place in each take. The built-in isight mic in the macbook isn't too great either, and I'd say not too accurate as to how each uke actually sounds, but anyone using a crappy webcam mic can relate. :)

I'm not very good, so these two mp3's will show how not good I am, although in my defense, I usually play it better than this. I never mess up hitting the D7 chord and yet I do it both times here. Grrrr.

What a Wonderful World, koa concert Flea

What a Wonderful World, pono mahogany tenor

i listened to both and they sounded good to me. keep up the good work!

by they way, i liked that you did the song with both high G and low G. maybe this will help a lot of folks out there that ask about the difference in sound between the two tunings. like taking the pepsi challenge. so thank you for that! +1

i listened to both and they sounded good to me. keep up the good work!

by they way, i liked that you did the song with both high G and low G. maybe this will help a lot of folks out there that ask about the difference in sound between the two tunings. like taking the pepsi challenge. so thank you for that! +1

yeah, they both sound good to me too, different but good.

The low G, high G thing doesn't help me one bit. :confused: I was perfectly content with a low G now I want both. I blame you for worsening my UAS. :D

I was thinking that it is a great pepsi challenge kind of song because not every song would sound equally cool in both without changing anything. It's a great little strumming song. It's not too difficult that you can't tackle it without practice, and it's not too easy so that it's no fun.

The high G does sound more ukey, and the low G sounds soulful. It's a tough call. :)

Sounding great Plainsong! Thanks for posting these clips. :D

The high G does sound more ukey, and the low G sounds soulful. It's a tough call. :)

Do you thing the soulfulish sound is also because of the size and wood differences?

Where's the singing? :(

The playing sounds real nice.

I've got bronchitis, and I can't sing and play, although the wonders of garage band would fix that. I'd also not be able to sing it in that key and have it sound "normal" but I guess garageband could fix that too. I'm also not too great at contemporary singing. It's like when someone asked Jesse Norman why she didn't sing blues. She'd love to sing blues and would if she could, but she was stuck with the voice she has. (NOT that I'm at her level!)

Man it's like walking and chewing gum, which apparently I can't do. I can pat my head and rub my tummy. I can rub my head and pat my tummy, I can march and play (wind instruments, probably not uke, LOL), but I can't play and sing. :(

I think I'm the singer who holds the tamborine.

Top Bottom