LEGO Ukuleles

StereoJoker

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find links here about these, but I just came across a couple of playable ukuleles made out of LEGOs, and figured they were too awesome not to share (if they have, in fact, been posted somewhere else before and I missed them, I'm going to blame a short attention span).

Chris Hamilton made this one, and confirms its actual playability:

Here's a link to another one of his videos, addressing questions about it.

And here is Ben Fuhrman's take on the LEGO uke.

These are awesome. (To all those in disagreement: there is something wrong with your sense of whimsy and you should definitely have that checked out.)

I like the white one better.

But yes, definitely awesome. I imagine some pretty interesting stuff could be done with a fretless uke, to boot...

Wow this is pretty awesome! Pretty cool imagination.

There was a thread about Lego Ukes way back when, unfortunately our search function has limited parameters and dates.

There was a thread about Lego Ukes way back when, unfortunately our search function has limited parameters and dates.

...nuts. I figured as much (I only went through the back hundred pages of videos/links and general uke discussion sections -- I'm kind of in that position in between the "too much time on my hands" and the "have half the day taken up by things, but no rush" perimeters).

Anyway, uh, now everyone can have a newer take on this. That's my save. New perspectives. There we go. I'm sticking to that excuse.

This would've made a great housewarming present for James May's LEGO House :)

It would go nicely with the baby grand piano ;)

...nuts. I figured as much (I only went through the back hundred pages of videos/links and general uke discussion sections -- I'm kind of in that position in between the "too much time on my hands" and the "have half the day taken up by things, but no rush" perimeters).

Anyway, uh, now everyone can have a newer take on this. That's my save. New perspectives. There we go. I'm sticking to that excuse.

Here's the thread I was referring to. Goes back to 10/08

Here's the thread I was referring to. Goes back to 10/08

H'durrr. Good job, me. Way to be redundant. :eek: (Thanks, Kanaka.)

Now, that house? Insane. (I lol'd at the LEGO cat.)

How did I miss all these things, from the musical robots to the giant house to the actual instruments? Was I in a coma for the last five years and nobody bothered to tell me? I must investigate this conundrum at once.

Top Bottom