Coming to Honolulu for Uke Fest in July

Howie1947

Reaction score
What are the chances of meeting Aldrine and having him autograph my Ukulele???.............Howie

Pretty high actually hahaha

Yea, they do it the last saturday in July every year. Then in August there are a couple of ukulele contests: "Duke's Ukes Contest" in Waikiki and the Aloha Tower Aloha Festivals Ukulele Contest at Aloha Tower. I'm debating entering one...but I'm not sure, most of the contestants are kids...I might feel a little out of place...haha

aww man im only gonna be on oahu for july 4th weekend..hope some kind of meet comes up then

Yea, they do it the last saturday in July every year. Then in August there are a couple of ukulele contests: "Duke's Ukes Contest" in Waikiki and the Aloha Tower Aloha Festivals Ukulele Contest at Aloha Tower. I'm debating entering one...but I'm not sure, most of the contestants are kids...I might feel a little out of place...haha

think of the bright side, you beat them by a lot.. you'll look good haha

think of the bright side, you beat them by a lot.. you'll look good haha

I should probably clarify that I'm tumbling quickly towards 30, most of the "kids" I'm talking about were in high school or intermediate and a lot of em were pretty good. There were some a couple of older guys (seniors) that competed, but I didn't see anyone around my age competing last year so I was just worried I might feel a little out of place. :/

i go to roy sakumas, but i dont think im performing, cuz its usually for the "shmall keeds" and the really good students. im in between now.

To any of the festival go-ers: please take some video footage so those far away from the islands can enjoy the atmosphere as well. That would be greatly appreciated!

To any of the festival go-ers: please take some video footage so those far away from the islands can enjoy the atmosphere as well. That would be greatly appreciated!

Aldrine and crew was there last year. For those of you who want to get an idea of what to expect from the Roy Sakuma Ukulele Festival, heres the video they did for iamhawaii.com last year.

http://www.iamhawaii.com/videos/showvideo?vidtoken=Bks9234ksIwei923471203_0123 - skip to around 8:20

We'll probably do something similar this year.

Uke Fest in July

I am talking about Roy Sakuma's...........Was there last year, had a great time...........Would like to see Aldrine there.............

wen i went to class today, we got our forms to play. im one of the strummers. so far, we got wai'anae hula by holunape, but idk if they will be performing or not

wen i went to class today, we got our forms to play. im one of the strummers. so far, we got wai'anae hula by holunape, but idk if they will be performing or not

right on. ill be in it too. im in the ukulele band, but i gotta back up all the lil kids. gr. and songs arent too great but hey u can win some ukuleles! :D and hopefully meet aldrine or some other wonderful muscisian:D

im pretty sure the uu dudes will still be up in mainland then, but supposedly fred might go.
btw, this tuesday is the rehearsal for the festival

Aww the guys are still on the mainland?

Hmm, if I'm not busy that day, I definitly think I might go...guess I'd have to go early too so I can get parking. But I'm definitly going to the Jake concert tomorrow at Hawaii Kai town center. Hopefully I can get him to sign my uke.

Top Bottom