Aquila Low G SOPRANO?

Paul December

Reaction score
I saw listed that Aquila makes Low G strings for Sopranos. Is this new?
Has anyone tired them? How was the tension?

...this might help feed my UAS, by getting a new soprano set up with a Low G :D

I saw listed that Aquila makes Low G strings for Sopranos. Is this new?
Has anyone tired them? How was the tension?

...this might help feed my UAS, by getting a new soprano set up with a Low G :D

WhenDogsSing makes cigar box ukuleles. He gave me one, a soprano, and it's strung with Aquila Low G's. I like the sound. The G is wound. I don't know much about tension, so I won't be much help there. :p

CountryMouse

I've given it a shot before, the wound string tension was on par with the rest of the set. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the sound. I think I still have them laying around somewhere. If you want to try a used set before you buy, pm me your address and i'll drop them in the mail

I used to use Aquila low G soprano strings constantly on one of my Makala ukes, and I quite liked them. Found the tension comfortable and the sound pretty good.

I've got a couple of sopranos strung with Guadalupe brand low G strings. I love the sound. Here's what my my Martin S-O sounds like with them:

You might need to hit the "HQ" button to get it out of "high quality" to watch.

Last edited:
Could've sworn they always made low G for soprano. Aquila's low Gs feel pretty good, tension-wise. It's a shame that they fall apart very quickly (at least in my experience).

I've given it a shot before, the wound string tension was on par with the rest of the set. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the sound. I think I still have them laying around somewhere. If you want to try a used set before you buy, pm me your address and i'll drop them in the mail

Thanks! ... PM on the way :)

Lovely song, great rendition.

Top Bottom