Has this ever happened to you?

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
So I ordered a Mainland Concert Uku last week and it was due to arrive today, Monday. I have been patiently waiting. I asked my wife to call me today when it arrived. So she had my 2yo call to tell me. I was so excited. So when I got home. I saw a Ukulele box on the Table when I walked in and started to drool a little, though the box looked like a Soprano, not a Concert. Then in the corner of the room I saw a bigger box.

So here is what I am asking. Have you ever received a Ukulele in the mail that you don't remember ordering? The Mainland Concert was in the Big box. Then in the small box was a Makala MK-S Soprano. First off, I've never heard of it and secodn I have no recolection of ordering it. I have the return info and plan to contact the person tomorrow. But has this ever happened to you?

One more thing, Can anyone tell me about Makala MK-S?

So I ordered a Mainland Concert Uku last week and it was due to arrive today, Monday. I have been patiently waiting. I asked my wife to call me today when it arrived. So she had my 2yo call to tell me. I was so excited. So when I got home. I saw a Ukulele box on the Table when I walked in and started to drool a little, though the box looked like a Soprano, not a Concert. Then in the corner of the room I saw a bigger box.

So here is what I am asking. Have you ever received a Ukulele in the mail that you don't remember ordering? The Mainland Concert was in the Big box. Then in the small box was a Makala MK-S Soprano. First off, I've never heard of it and secodn I have no recolection of ordering it. I have the return info and plan to contact the person tomorrow. But has this ever happened to you?

the makala will be similiar to your lani kai i think. good entry level uke. I wish I'd have ukes show up at my door.

You're in denial. . . perhaps even having a uke blackout. . . sounds like serious UAS to me.

Don't worry, your wife isn't on the forum... you can drop the story now ;)

She ain't buyin it either. I have 2 daughters 6 & 2. I thought they would share my Lanikai once the Mainland came.perhaps I subconciously ordered the Makala so they wouldn't fight over the 1 but i really don't remember doing it?

Last edited:
I'm going to have to try that one...

YOu can try it but I'm not getting very far with it. I have to call my credit card company toorrow so I can figure where I bought it. I also have the return address so i'll try calling them tomorrow. I really can't remember buying it. And I'm not buying the excuse either. LOL

the makala will be similiar to your lani kai i think. good entry level uke. I wish I'd have ukes show up at my door.

Yea, it was cool, but why couldn't have been a Martin. LOL Boy can I be greedy!

Hey... shh... quiet. Don't question it when uke's show up at your door. Just accept it and move on. ;)

You're in denial. . . perhaps even having a uke blackout. . ..

Oh my god...it's a good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read this because it would have squirted out my nose!:rofl::biglaugh:

to awesome, I want random ukuleles turn up at my door!

She ain't buyin it either. I have 2 daughters 6 & 2. I thought they would share my Lanikai once the Mainland came.perhaps I subconciously ordered the Makala so they wouldn't fight over the 1 but i really don't remember doing it?

Sounds like the uke gods blessed you with a uke to keep your household sane! This way the kids won't have to fight over 1 uke!!! AAANNNNDDDD you can start your own family band. :)

Sounds like the uke gods blessed you with a uke to keep your household sane! This way the kids won't have to fight over 1 uke!!! AAANNNNDDDD you can start your own family band. :)

As soon as my daughter can get her fingers around the neck i will be teaching her chords. She was strumming last night while I held down some chords. it was a cool moment. Now I have to get the 2 9almost 3) year old to stop hitting her sister with the uku.

Mystery solved. I am actually a little disappointed that I know. It was fun as an unlknown. but here is the story. My best friend knows I started palying the uku a few months ago. He has always loved the Ukulele and Hawaii. Lucky for me his sisteer went to Hawaii on a vacation and he asked her to send me an authentic Hawaiian Ukulele. So mytsery solved and it's nice to know that Senility, though closing in, is not as close as I thought. thanks for the replies. Some were pretty funny. My wife still isn't sure if she's buying the truth. :)

Top Bottom