What do you play when you want to show off?

ukulelearp

Reaction score
When someone asks you to play something, what do you usually play? What songs do you like to show off your craazy ukulele skills with? I like doing a fingerstyle version of Hey Jude.

Anything. People don't listen to me if I'm naked...

I mean... I don't have crazy uke skills so whatever I can manage to strum. :) I usually get a nod saying: "Ok, crazy girl, good job. Put the uke down."

Definitely tiptoe through the tulips :D

Five Foot Two and Tip Toe Through The Tulips. Sometimes Ring of Fire! And The best strummer I own is my Sprucehouse, so I ususally reach for that (and anyway strumming is about all I can do so far!)

totally depends on who im showing off for.
If its a crowd of ...eh how shall I put this.. hipsters? I play some lady gaga or britney spears.
If I'm showing off to like.. my grandma or.. to my professors at college, I'll do a classical piece arranged for ukulele.

funally enough when i wanna "show off" or impress its usually the simplest songs that impress, ka'au crater boys tunes always really seem to do it, but its usually a jake arangement that'll do it

I've only been playing a month and a half so don't know many actual uke tabs so I'm gonna say no woman no cry

Melissa,

Your uke skills are excellent! I'd suggest you wow them with
Dream a Little Dream of Me.

John

White sandy beaches, Summer Time and Tied the Whipping Post. Try to mix it up a little bit.

I do a mean version of Britney Spears "Toxic".

I think mostly because "Toxic" is not your typical uke song and I find it hilarious to perform people remember me for it. I have met friends of friends several times who have greeted me with, "Oh yeah! you're that woman who played Toxic on the ukulele!"

When someone asks you to play something, what do you usually play? What songs do you like to show off your craazy ukulele skills with?

Who says that these two things have to go together?

I'd be inclined to play something relatively simple if someone asked me to play something. I want them to realize that the ukulele is for them too. I'm not really interested much in "showing off".

Heck, I'm more likely to try to show them how to play something than to play something myself. :)

JJ

Top Bottom