Clearwater Pineapple electro soprano

nobby8126

Reaction score
Just brought one of these from ebay but can't find any reviews online. It hasn't arrived yet and don't know whether to prepare for happy days or dissapointment. Any feedback is appreciated

yea, I've never heard of it. Maybe it's too mind-blowingly-awesome for us to know about :)

My Clearwater Vita that I ordered this evening looks identical to the Ohana Vita. Coincidence? I think not.

She turned up today and is a pretty little thing. Her sound is brighter and louder than my dolphin and the intonation and tuning appears to be spot on, with one exception. She came with the same black nylon strings on as my beloved dolphin did and like my dolphin when playing a "G" chord it sounds a little off, I put this down to my makala being a cheapo uke but as 2 different ukes from different manufacturers are doing the same I think it is more likely to be a case of cheapo strings(on both ukes it is the "c" string 2nd fret sounding off) has anyone got any suggestions for an alternative set that both ukes can handle?
Back to my new girl, the construction appears to be solid and is finished to a high standard. I have not tried the pickups out yet but that is due to idleness and not wanting to dig my amp out of the garage with the kids jumping all over me.
I put a pic on this post but dont know if it will work as I am a technophobe.

album.php

Just got one myself. Any tips on using the friction pegs?

Its a pinch rather than a twist. I had to tighten mine. How are you getting on with yours? my pickup came unstuck but other than that it's been ok still prefer the dolphin tho

I might have to give it more play time as I'm always on my mk-t or dolphin, it rarely see's the light of day.

Yup, got the hang of it after an initial moment of panic. There's definitely something a bit odd with the C string, but overall a nice upgrade from my Ashton.

I've had mine for about a year now. I've changed the nut for a bone one and am using d'addario pro arte (clear) strings in D tuning on it and I love it. The belcat pickup's cr@p in my opinion, but it works through a DI box to lower the output to a useable level. I love this little uke and am surprised there aren't more of them about. How are you getting on with yours now? - notice the posting was a while ago.

Top Bottom