Kanilea ukulele factory on fire??

tkurita

Reaction score
I just past by Kanilea and there was a fire, hope it was not them.

Just gave Kristin at Kanilea a call. She said it was actually the bay right next to them. They are fine but its just a little smokey in their workshop. She was like, "What? is it on the news already?"

Sounded like a pretty big fire.

Last edited:
Thats good to hear, I posted it when I was waiting in my car while all the Fire trucks and police where holding up traffic.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Joe and Kristen, and all those beautiful Kanile'as are okay. Thanks rayan for the update!

he is in the middle it was the place going to the dogs on the end. lol

Last edited:
Duuuuude...some one save the ukes!!! On the other hand....how does fire smoked koa sound? H"mmmmmmmm!!!??!:confused:

Probably smoke damage. Hmph. That's terrible. Well, I guess I'd be happy to take a K5 soprano off their hands or something like that so they can clear the air and start making fresh ones. Heck, I'd give them a hundred bucks for it, even!

*Joking! I am very glad everybody is safe and the business wasn't harmed!

hey dont you guys now them pre fire ukes are valuable....pre fire ...post fire hmmmm sounds like another thread discussion

I need to go tell the boys at the facegroup group "I sniff ukulele soundholes"

Last edited:
The only time setting the building on fire was a good solution to a problem was when Milton did it in Office Space. But that was a movie, not real life.

hey dont you guys now them pre fire ukes are valuable....pre fire ...post fire hmmmm sounds like another thread discussion

I need to go tell the boys at the facegroup group "I sniff ukulele soundholes"
Hmmm...I'm a member of that group...I sniff my Kanile'as all the time.

As another ukulele shop owner, (well, almost owner), I can imagine how devastating a fire can be. Tools and machinery can be replaced, but each board is unique. I've been collecting special boards for as long as I've been building and most of them are one of a kind. I'm happy to hear that they're okay. I do feel for the animal shelter, though. I hope not too many of the animals were injured or killed.

As another ukulele shop owner, (well, almost owner), I can imagine how devastating a fire can be. Tools and machinery can be replaced, but each board is unique. I've been collecting special boards for as long as I've been building and most of them are one of a kind. I'm happy to hear that they're okay. I do feel for the animal shelter, though. I hope not too many of the animals were injured or killed.

I am so happy and proud of Joe Souza. Thanks to his quick actions, no animals were hurt - and the animal shelter (according to this report) was the subject of the arson.

KANEOHE, Hawaii -- An animal care facility in Kaneohe was intentionally set on fire on Tuesday, a Honolulu Fire Department official said.
The fire broke out at about noon at K9s and Kittys, a pet grooming and boarding facility at 46 Kahuhipa St.
The blaze was confined to one part of the structure and employees from the building assisted in having it contained by the time fire officials arrived, officials said.
An off-duty firefighter working next door at the Ukulele Shop also helped extinguish the fire.
No people or animals were injured, officials said.
Police are now investigating the fire as a criminal arson case.

http://www.kitv.com/news/22222166/detail.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom