Modererators

berylbite

Reaction score
Mobile, Alabama, USA. We get all of the Hurricanes
Ah the respected and popular keepers of the piece in our little ukulele community.

What's it like? Being the ever vigilant shield against the evils that lurk beyond the borders of the underground. Guiding members with your endless well of ukelore and the laws of the forum.

How did you rise to such a prestigious height?
Noble deeds that benefited the realm?
Birthed into your station as a high lord of the court?

Who knows what powerful wizardry is hidden the within a High Moderator of UkuleleUnderground.

I think it had something to do with panties and naked jams.

I'm joking, btw... unless someone wants to tell me otherwise, lol.

I think it had something to do with panties and naked jams.

I'm joking, btw... unless someone wants to tell me otherwise, lol.

Hear that aspiring moderators? We have to start wearing panties...

Welll ...ermm, ok. But, I gotta warn ya! Me in a thong is like a watermelon wearing a rubberband! That's why I'm strictly a boxer briefs kinda guy! Although if there was something frilly....!?
:wtf:

Moderators have stealth ninja powers. Except Melissa - she exerts her wily feminine ways to bedazzle and confuse the misbehaving males here.

All of the mods used their crazy mental forces to rise to their positions...

Moderators have stealth ninja powers. Except Melissa - she pastes her ass all over the internet to bedazzle and confuse the misbehaving males here.

All of the mods used their crazy mental forces to rise to their positions...
Fixed it for you.

Good Morning, I understand that you need a moderator who reads everything etc. But what I do not know YET is whether everything comes into one pc or onto one server first where it gets read and if it passes the quality test, it is published?

Another query that I have not worked out has to do with ratings . eg: how you become a senior member or a junior member as well as the little coloured dots and symbols and icons ?

Without trying to be difficult, I noticed that everybody congratulated Melissa, and my next question is, is the post of moderator renumerated or an honour to do eg: prefect?

Good Morning, I understand that you need a moderator who reads everything etc. But what I do not know YET is whether everything comes into one pc or onto one server first where it gets read and if it passes the quality test, it is published?

Another query that I have not worked out has to do with ratings . eg: how you become a senior member or a junior member as well as the little coloured dots and symbols and icons ?

Without trying to be difficult, I noticed that everybody congratulated Melissa, and my next question is, is the post of moderator renumerated or an honour to do eg: prefect?
1) There is no pre-screening of posts. The moderators just participate along with the rest of us, but keep an eye on things; if discussions get heated or out of hand, they will step in and ask people to be civil. There is also an alert button on every post (little triangle in the lower left) - if you click it the post will be flagged for mods to review and act as appropriate.

2) Junior members - 0 to 29 posts. Members - 30 to 99 posts. Senior members - 100+ posts. Nothing fancier than that. The green or gray dots next to a user's name indicate whether they are currently online or not.

3) Moderators are volunteers who are selected by, I think, the site staff and other mods. I don't really know how they're chosen - but I'm glad we have such a great group. This is a pretty civil forum anyway, but the mods do a great job to make sure it stays that way.

Does that help?

Oh. Yeah. That's what I meant to say. (It's a fine ass, though...just sayin', since I've seen a lot of it lately. Have I said too much?)
Nah, you pass. :)

1) There is no pre-screening of posts. The moderators just participate along with the rest of us, but keep an eye on things; if discussions get heated or out of hand, they will step in and ask people to be civil. There is also an alert button on every post (little triangle in the lower left) - if you click it the post will be flagged for mods to review and act as appropriate.

2) Junior members - 0 to 29 posts. Members - 30 to 99 posts. Senior members - 100+ posts. Nothing fancier than that. The green or gray dots next to a user's name indicate whether they are currently online or not.

3) Moderators are volunteers who are selected by, I think, the site staff and other mods. I don't really know how they're chosen - but I'm glad we have such a great group. This is a pretty civil forum anyway, but the mods do a great job to make sure it stays that way.

Does that help?
Thank you. :)

Thank you bbycrts, for explaining that. The other icons eg: gingerbread man, the Yahoo Y and carrots, would those be individually chosen, or do they have a meaning as well ? Congratulations to Melissa for getting recognition as a moderator. It can't be easy sometimes, when I read comments, and I even have had to bite my tongue. Heiko Bron PS I see I am a member now.!!!!

Thank you bbycrts, for explaining that. The other icons eg: gingerbread man, the Yahoo Y and carrots, would those be individually chosen, or do they have a meaning as well ? Congratulations to Melissa for getting recognition as a moderator. It can't be easy sometimes, when I read comments, and I even have had to bite my tongue. Heiko Bron PS I see I am a member now.!!!!

those other signs indicate that the user shares some of his contact information, like ICQ, MSN or Yahoo. if you add such information to your profile, you will have such an icon.

So did anyone asnwer the question of how a perosn becomes a moderator? Or is a person just recognized as being worthy and offered the title?

Top Bottom