Where can I find a UK2000 saddle pickup?

captbaritone

Reaction score
I have been researching under-saddle piezo pickups for my ukulele, and the Shadow seems to be the de-facto option. However, I have found one or two references to a much cheaper option the Bushman UK2000. However, I can't seem to find any active online stores that actually carry it. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this product still for sale? If not are there any other competitor for the Shadow?

I've seen this 'UK2000' a few places ... but am still not sure who actually makes them cause I've seen it as Belcat UK2000, now Bushman ... hmm :confused:

The Mi-Si gets quite good reviews, not tried it myself yet ... Mainland and MGM sell 'em. Otherwise Fishman's another option, although reviews are a bit mixed.

Happy hunting :)

Mi-Si's are the bomb. The Shadow is......fine, but not special. Not tried the Fishman, but they do lots of things well. If you really want a good pickup, get a Headway. Seriously. Everything they make it awesome.

http://www.headwaymusicaudio.com/

I know Bushman used to carry a pickup, but it's not on their site anymore, and I heard mixed things about it. Belcat make okay cheapy gear - I had an uber-low-budget acoustic guitar amp of theirs on stage, and it was amazing for the price, much better than crappy electric guitar practise amps, but by no means a nice piece of kit. If you're putting a pickup in a good uke, spend a little more and get something that will do it justice.

One good thing about the Mi-Si also is not having to use batteries anymore ... !

Sam, which Headway pickup do you use?

Belcat is the maker of the UK2000 pickup and lots of companies are now using that particular pickup. It is a solid performer for the price-range. In my own experience and taste, I prefer LR Baggs to all others, but, they are not cheap. They are the most natural acoustic-sounding pickups in both guitars and ukuleles as far as I am concerned. Lots of high-end builders use them as their pickup of choice.

Thanks everyone for your input. Of all the pickups mentioned here all are AT LEAST as expensive as the shadow. I was mainly interested in the UK2000 because it looked to be about half as expensive as the Shadow. So if there don't seem to be any bargain pickups (aside from the illusive UK2000) is it possible to buy the UK2000 anywhere? Is it only avaliable to manufacturers who are installing them in their ukuleles?

Belcat is the maker of the UK2000 pickup and lots of companies are now using that particular pickup. It is a solid performer for the price-range. In my own experience and taste, I prefer LR Baggs to all others, but, they are not cheap. They are the most natural acoustic-sounding pickups in both guitars and ukuleles as far as I am concerned. Lots of high-end builders use them as their pickup of choice.

Is it avaliable to consumers to install themselves? Even under the name Belcat I can't find a single place to buy.

Same problem only I do want a 9v unit for ease and battery life (maybe I'm just old fashioned). Also, I want Treble/Bass/Volume, and it needs to be small enough to fit in the uke I'm modding (Rogue Baritone converted to bass). Price is also a big factor!

I did find the following product that appears to be the Belcat UK-2000. Here are the links.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIRAL-PIEZO-CABLE-PICKUP-EQ-AND-PRE-AMP-UKULELE-/400170692495?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5d2c082f8f

http://belcat.com/bbs/data/belcatproduct/1238650652/UK_2000.jpg

I'm about to place an order for the UK-2000, I guess I'll let you know how it works but the estimated delivery isn't until early February.

Thanks, that is another great option but I already ordered the UK-2000. This one with a tuner looks very shallow but uses the disk batteries. I'm old school and like 9v because you can always test them by putting the contacts on your tongue. I might swallow a disk battery trying that! :p

Top Bottom