The Traveling UU Notebook - Blast from the Past Update

JKoval

Reaction score
Okay, guys... a while before my unexpected hiatus, some of you may remember my idea to start a notebook. A notebook that would eventually include a picture of me and the notebook and then random, hopefully artistic scriblings and notes within. I wanted to then send it on a journey to any fellow undergrounder who wished to fill in some of their own. Basically any song ideas, poems, musings of existence, doodles, photographs, etc. etc. could go in, and we'd continue sending this book out to as many trusted people from UU as we wished. At the end of the project, the notebook would return to me, and we'd hold an auction to the underground, with all proceeds going to a charitable cause.

My thoughts? To put this plan into fruition. Would anyone be interested in this? The price of shipping fortunately shouldn't be an issue, seeing how our USPS has recently created a standard shipping rate on such small items.

So, Undergrounders... are you in?

jeffreyKoval

this is a great idea, I'd be in, but I don't want to be the first person to get it :p get it to me around the 10-20th person :p Its like the Traveling Ukulele, but notebook sorts :)

yeah, that sounds like fun!

I've seen this done before. An item was sent around and was to be auctioned off at the end of a year for charity. People would add small trinkets to or with the item, create posts and pic's including the item. Problems started to occur when you have to pay tax's for shipping or should I say receiving the "gift" in other countries. Other problems tend to be the amount of time in which the item is kept before shipping on to the next person. Another issue would be to keeping track of who has it and who gets it next. The item I mentioned is now on it's third year and has had some if not all of the above mentioned issues. Jeffrey, You are going to need to address all the potential problems and organize this if you want it to work. To answer your question " Would anyone be interested in this? " Yes, I'm sure that it would be a lot of fun!

Good, and surprisingly quick, response, everyone! I think this will be a fun project, albeit a tad sketchy to completely map out... but I'm in and I would love to be the Creator if you guys want!

Hmmm, maybe I'll post a video later tonight... this could be fun. Each recipient could make a small video of their town along with the notebook.

Top Bottom