Where The Green Grass Grows - Not Tim McGraw

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
Not the Tim McGraw song of the same name. From what I can gather, it was written by folk-blues singer Eric Bibb. I first heard it by the incredible Swedish blues man Johan Eliasson (Bottleneck John). When my own bottleneck guitar version of this song repeatedly fell short of acceptable, I tried it on uke, with better results, I hope. Comments appreciated.

Where The Green Grass Grows

And hey! It's my first attempt at a uke instrumental solo.

Very nice. The instrumental sounded great. Sometimes those are tricky to figure out. Unfortunately Youtube is doing maintenance, but I'll 5 star it later.

I'm curious how you do your backdrop. I did an older video like that where I just taped a bed sheet on the wall. Is this what you're doing?

Bingo! Flannel bed sheet.

I work for a commercial printing company, and have access to a large format proofer. For the Rocky Raccoon and Spooner videos, I printed a background out and stuck it on the wall. Right now the wall has a very large poster I printed of the Mainland barn image, but the sheet covered it in this one. I shot them out in my garage room "man cave" that houses my drawing table and comic book collection.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

Top Bottom