Where do you keep your Ukes?

robbocx

Reaction score
I have seen the hangers but would they be suitable for the long term?

Mine are either in their cases or in my hands.

As long as you keep the room in which you store them at a proper humidity, a hanger or a stand is just fine, unless of course you have kids or dogs. I've even heard the argument that they are better because you're more likely to see long term problems developing if the uke is visable as opposed to in a case all day.

I'm considering building a few hangers this weekend, since we have a full humidifier for the piano room anyways

The nice thing about Fleas and Flukes (I have one of each) is that you just stand 'em up wherever you want them. I've pretty much always got one within arm's reach!

They only go into their gigbags if I'm traveling - the rest of the time, they're on whatever table is nearest to me.

I have 14 hanging in the humidity controles music room. The other 4 are in the living room where I can reach them from my practice chair. Doug

They are all on the wall in my home office -- on Hawaiian themed wall hangers (a pineapple, a honu turtle, a whale hook, and a trio of plumerias). And even cooler, they are made by UU member Toucan Mango!

wallhangingukes2.jpg

http://stores.ebay.com/Toucanmango

Last edited:
I like how everyone talks about humidity. I play ukulele in 30 degree weather majority of the time ahaha It's not getting that good outside either.

I usually keep mine within arms reach, like on my table or on my bed somewhere.

As long as you keep the room in which you store them at a proper humidity, a hanger or a stand is just fine, unless of course you have kids or dogs. I've even heard the argument that they are better because you're more likely to see long term problems developing if the uke is visable as opposed to in a case all day.

I'm considering building a few hangers this weekend, since we have a full humidifier for the piano room anyways

One should always make sure that the ukes/any instrument is NEVER hung on an exterior wall. It makes it tricky if you have them in a room where three of the four walls are exterior. When I'm not playing my uke, it goes right back into the case.

They are all on the wall in my home office -- on Hawaiian themed wall hangers (a pineapple, a honu turtle, a whale hook, and a trio of plumerias). And even cooler, they are made by UU member Toucan Mango!
wallofukes.jpg

Wow! Nice display! I dig those hangers!

My fantasy is to have one of those high-end cabinets with glass doors to hang and show off my ukuleles. However, I'd first have to win the Lottery. My cases will have to do until then.

My fantasy is to have one of those high-end cabinets with glass doors to hang and show off my ukuleles. However, I'd first have to win the Lottery. My cases will have to do until then.

I've seen an antique gun cabinet coverted into a guitar showcase. Looked awesome.

I would never wall hang mine. Besides humidification and dust issues, ambient light (even if it's not direct sunlight) can affect the finish over time. As mentioned, kids, pets, or even an inclination to be a klutz after a couple glasses of vino or a few brewskies can all have deleterious effects.

We have an 18-year-old cat who still likes to go bonkers jumping at walls. I don't want to give her any targets to aim for. :D

wallofukes.jpg

those hangers are great.

wow, some great looking ukes here. Mine stay in their cases when not being played but I have thought about wall hangers. I will probably stay with case storage, have heard of too many problems with keeping them out/exposed.

Top Bottom